Chapter Ten

I waited outside of Lauren's dorm. She was getting ready to go to the beach with Ally, Tori and I. It wasn't the warmest weather today but they had insisted since we had nothing else to do this weekend. I wanted to make this weekend eventful and get away from school as much as possible but going to the beach wasn't my idea of fun at all. I'm really starting to feel like I felt at my old school. More girls are starting to figure out that I can't talk and it's not just shyness. The bullying was going to start again sooner or later but I really preferred later rather than sooner.

"Y/N, is Lauren still not out yet?" Ally groaned while walking towards me.

She's clearly not out of the room yet.

I shook my head.

"It usually takes her awhile to get ready. It's one of her flaws." Tori chuckled, joining us.

"Flaws? That girl is flawless." Ally exclaimed. I smirk at her. "Shut up Y/N." Ally glared at me.

"She didn't say anything." Tori states, clueless.

Ally literally face palms and I roll my eyes at the blonde.

"I'm not completely flawless. My eyesight is a pretty big flaw." Lauren opens the door of her dorm with a blush painting her cheeks.

My jaw drops.

Lauren didn't have her glasses on so she must of put contacts in. Her green eyes stood out even more than usual because of the clothes she was wearing. They were so freaking gorgeous.

"I-I like your eyes alot t-today." Ally stutters out.

Tori and I nod furiously in agreement.

"Thanks." Lauren blushes even more.

"Geez Jauregui, you're getting all the girls today." Dinah's angelic voice interrupts my staring.

"Jealous that it's not you instead?" Lauren bites back.

"No, I could get better girls."

Okay then. Ouch.

"Come on Laur." Ally rolls her eyes.

"Where are y'all going?" Dinah stops us before we could go anywhere.

"None of your business Dinah." Tori said while grabbing my hand.

Tori pulls me down the hallway towards the elevators with Ally and Lauren following close behind us. We were stopped once again when Dinah rushed past us and stands in front of the elevator so that we have no choice but to stop.

"Lighten up a little Kelly." Dinah smirked at Tori. "The girls and I could use somewhere to go to this weekend. Share your little secret place. Sharing is caring."

"Trust me, I don't want to share or care with you or any of your 'girls'." Tori stated bluntly.

"Go find some people who actually want to hang out with you. I'm pretty sure your phone is full of girls that are willing." Lauren glared at the taller girl before pushing her out of our way.

Dinah looked at me with questioning eyes that I really couldn't resist. I rolled my eyes at myself before pulling down the shirt off my shoulder subtly to show her that I was wearing a bikini. She nodded in understanding before leaving with a mischievous look on her face.

"Are you going to get in the elevator or are you going to keep watching Dinah?" Lauren breaks me out of my daze.

I blushed and quickly joined them in the elevator.

xxxxxx

I shivered in the coldness, my shirt not helping me at all against the wind. I was sitting on the damp sand while the three other girls were in the freezing cold water. I had been here just sketching pointless things in the notepad. Water and I don't go well together. I hated swimming.

I shifted uncomfortably when I find a guy around my age looking over my way. I recognized him from the cafe across the street from the school. He was the one who was with Camila, Dinah, Normani and three other girls so I'm guessing he was well known at the school.

I move my gaze back to my book and start drawing once again. A shadow blocked the sun, well what was left of it, and caused me to frown. I look up and lock eyes with the boy. He was standing next to me with a charming smile stretched across his face.

"Nice drawings. Talent and beauty? That's a rare mix. You're pretty lucky."

What a sleaze.

Unless he suddenly grows boobs and a vagina, he's out of luck with me. I roll my eyes at him and try to ignore him but it didn't work. He sat down next to me, not getting the hint.

"I'm Jacob Whitesides." He stuck his hand out for me to shake. I nod and hesitantly shake it before quickly letting go. "I've heard about you. You're Camila's step sister. I know you can't speak so feel free to write." Jacob chuckles nervously. "Or not." He mutters when I continue to ignore him.

"Leave her alone Whitesides. She's not interested." Normani came out of nowhere, hitting Jacob on the back of his head.

"And suddenly a wild Normani appears." Jacob teased, pushing her away from him. "I wasn't trying to get in." He tried to defend himself. Normani scoffed.

"I call bullshit. Now, move your ass so I can sit." Normani demanded. Jacob swiftly stood up and let Normani sit where he was just sitting.

"What are you doing here Jacob?" Dinah questioned the lanky boy as she walked up to us.

"Making friends." Jacob shrugs.

"Go make friends with your right hand instead." Dinah shooed him off with an irritated eye roll.

I looked back out to the water to see Ally, Lauren and Tori watching us closely but not moving out of the water.

"Why aren't you in the water?" Dinah asked while stripping off her top.

My eyes scanned her body as she continued to strip until she was just left in her bikini.

I shrug nervously, not controlling my wandering eyes at all.

"My eyes are up here shortie." Dinah giggles slighlty, breaking me out of my staring contest with her boobs.

I blush furiously and look down.

She looked at me for a second before running off into the water to join Camila. I didn't even see Camila arrive. She must of just avoided me as usual, not that I'm complaining.

"So, you have the hots for Dinah?" Normani smirked at me.

I shook my head in denial.

"Such a liar." Normani laughed.

"Come in the water Y/N!" I hear Ally squeal out.

I frown at her.

"Please! Why not?" Ally whined.

I look at her with anger written all across my face.

How can she forget?

How can my best friend fucking forget.

xxxxxx

Do you guys want to find out about your past (that feels weird saying that, yup, you guys don't know your own past haha) and why you have selective mutism? I was planning on revealing that in the next chapter... maybe? There's gonna be a little bit of drama between you and Ally in the next chapter so stick with me!Vote, comment and let me know what you want to see in this story! xx