Chapter Twenty

Dinah's P.O.V

I close the classroom door behind me slowly and kept walking, head down to try my best to hide my tears. She likes me. She actually fucking likes me and I had just rejected her. What the fuck was I thinking? Oh that's right, I was only thinking about my damn reputation as usual. I'm such a coward.

"Are you okay?" I was stopped by a shoulder on my arm. Tori looked at me with curious eyes.

"Perfect." I spit, pushing her off me before I continued walking.

"Well I'm sorry fuck boy for asking a simple question." I hear her mutter.

I turn around and glare at the blonde.

"It was a pretty stupid question. Does it look like I'm fucking okay?" I chuckle sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes at me before leaving me to go find Y/N.

I wipe the warm tears that flowed down my face, sprinting through the hallway to get back to the safety of my dorm, my heart feeling like it was slowly sinking.

xxxxxx

Normani sat at the end of her bed with her eyes glued to her phone. Her body moved every few minutes to dance to the music that was playing from her phone while I lay down on the bed with my head in her lap, her free hand running through my hair every so often.

"So, have you told Y/N about your constant lady boner for her?" Normani tugged slightly on my hair.

"No." I sigh, wincing at the tug. "But she told me she liked me." I mumble out.

"Bitch what?" She shrieked, pushing me off her so I was forced to sit up.

"She told me she likes me." I repeat, knowing she heard me the first time.

"My ship is sailing." She hollered, throwing her phone on the bed so she could give me her full attention.

"Well that ship sailed until it hit an ice burg and fucking sunk." I groan.

"Oh hell no, y'all did not just refer to the titanic. Too soon." She glared at me.

"It was a hundred years ago Mani, I think it's about time we get over it." I roll my eyes at the girl.

"Don't change the subject. What happened?"

"Well, she told me and I rejected her. Simple." I tell her sadly. "I told her I can't be in a relationship with her and that I didn't like her in that way."

"Yeah and I'm Beyonće." She says sarcastically.

"You know I can't."

"You can but you're just choosing not too since you're way too invested in your reputation that won't mean shit in a years time. What's so good about being labelled as the school's player? You're known for breaking girl's hearts and whoring around with the school. I don't get what you're so proud of. If you being the player of the school makes you feel better about yourself and loved than I reckon Y/N can make you feel that way too." Normani said seriously, a determined look on her face.

She has a point.

My reputation doesn't even make me happy anymore. The only thing good that I'm getting from my reputation is power of people that I don't even know.

We looked up as the door of the dorm opened and Y/N walked in with dried up red eyes that were slightly puffy underneath.

"Hey Y/N." I greet with a small smile.

She waves shyly before sitting on her bed, grabbing her phone. I look at her longingly, wanting to go over and hug her.

"Uh, I got to go feed my...fish?" Normani scrunched up her face, looking like she was about a second away from slapping herself.

"Okay, bye." I quirked an eyebrow up at her suspiciously but she just shrugged and left the room.

Y/N stood up and sat where Normani was previously sitting, sending me a weak smile.

"We're friends right?" She asked timidly.

"Yeah, of course we are. Nothings changed between us." I tried to reassure her but my words only made a pout appear on her face. "Don't pout." I coo, brushing my thumb across her jutted out bottom lip.

She looked down at my lips briefly before locking eyes with mine. I slowly pull my hand away from her when I realize how close we are. She was so damn beautiful. I felt like I was star struck for a moment.

"Friends don't sit this close." I breathe out, looking down at her lips.

"Friends also don't look at each other the way you look at me." She smirked.

I watched her inch closer to me, her scent filing my nose and making me feel a little light headed. The closer she got, the more I felt my heart rate pick up speed. I glanced down to her plump lips once more. The only thing on my mind was to feel them against mine but no, I broke her heart. I was continuously hurting her. I don't deserve to kiss her. I don't deserve to have her.

"Y/N, I don't want to lead you o-"

"Just shut the fuck up and kiss me." Her eyes the darkest I have ever seen them as her lips hovered over mine. She rolled her eyes at me when she realized that I still wouldn't move.

I felt her warm hand on the back of my neck, pulling my head closer to hers to close the space between our lips. I moaned embarrassingly loud when our lips finally pressed together. The amount of times that I have been wanting to do this is way too much to count. I felt her tongue swipe across my bottom lip asking for entrance in which I quickly allow, letting her tongue slip into my mouth. We both moaned at the contact.

I pulled away from her when air became an issue, both panting as we sat in awe of the kiss that we just shared.

"I just thought that maybe you would like me if you actually remembered what our kiss felt like." She admits quietly, a blush painting her face.

The thoughts of my reputation flew into my mind for a split second but I quickly pushed the thoughts aside, smiling brightly at Y/N.

"I like you too." I giggle before crashing our lips together once again.

xxxxxx

Sorry for the short chapter, I just started back at school and I'm already drowning in homework! I'll try update as soon as I can!

Comment, vote and tell me some ideas to add into this story! I could really use them haha xx

Question time:

One song that you wish that Fifth Harmony would cover?