Suddenly, it dawned on me. Warren. That's the name of the rogue Amira said her sister Ophelia fell in love with.

“I have heard of you, but only very little. The only thing I know is that you and my mother's sister fell in love. She ran off to be with you, and no one has seen her since.”

“Then, you know enough to know why we have brought you here.” He answered.

“Not really.”

He motioned for someone to step forward. The woman's scent drew stronger with every step she took. The smell of vanilla and roses overpowered my sense, and then I saw her. There was no doubt that the woman standing before me was Ophelia. She was a mirror ijmage of my sister, though slightly aged.

“Hello Lillian.” Her voice was soft and graceful. “I'm so sorry things have happened this way. It was never my intent, but I knew you wouldn't come here on your own free will.”

“That's where you're wrong. I would have. We were actually in the process of trying to find you. Your sister has been dying to see you, and I'm sure my sister has too.” I spat. I didn't like this sudden change of conversations. Being held was bad enough, yet when your captors were standing in front of you trying to be nice to you, it only seemed to make things worse.

“Ahh, yes, my sister. How is she?”

“Fine.. And, so is your daughter.”

Her face visibly paled. “My daughter is dead.”

“No, she isn't. She's very much alive. She has been raised as my sister our entire lives.”

“That's impossible!”

“Obviously it isn't. Her name is Sofia, and she looks identical to you. She is 23, just like me. She has been raised as my twin. We never knew any differently until a few weeks ago.”

“But, that can't be! I only ever had one litter of pups, two girls and a boy, and they were all born dead.” She choked out.

“Then, how do I know your hair falls in natural brown curls, or that you have hazel eyes, and when you smile, you have the same dimples as she does. It is too dark to see such things here, but the spike in your heartbeat tells me I'm right.”

Ophelia started to cry. “I cleaned them all as they came out. I did everything I possibly could, yet I never found a pulse in any of the three. How can this be?”

“My guess is they were born dead, so you left them. And, the man that I thought was my father, found your pups on his way back to his pack from stealing me from Amira. I would think he did something to make sure they were ok, then he took your pups as well.” I answered her, but it was heartbreaking even for me.

“Do you have any other brothers or sisters?”

“No,”

Ophelia turned to face Warren. “We must go. We must see if the girl speaks the truth. what if she's right? What if we really do have a daughter out there?”

“We will not!” He yelled. “You can not listen to her. She's just trying to use your emotions against you, Ophelia.”

“I am not! You saw Sofia in the ice cream parlor. Think about it Warren. Did she not resemble Ophelia to you?” I quipped.

He seemed to ponder it over for a minute before he bowed his head. “Indeed. She did.”

“That's because she is her daughter, and yours.” I chided.

“Please Warren. I have to know. Do not deny me this.” Ophelia begged.

“And, what if the girl is lying?” He asked.

“What if she's telling the truth?” She countered.

“If we let her go now, we may never get this chance again Ophelia. Think about it. Its all you've ever dreamed of since we lost our children. You have always wanted a red wolf child to raise as your own.” He cooed.