Chapter 14: Rules and Pain

A/N

There is a song above that u can play while listening, its by Beyoncé, and it is awesome! I suggest to listen to it at a low volume, but you do you, enjoy the chapter! Please vote and comment! Thx.

Claire's POV

I can't take this anymore, I think it's been about a week since I've been kidnapped and I'm starting to doubt that John will find me. I still don't know why they are keeping me here, but I do know that no matter what I can't allow myself to shift. It's the one thing they need from me, so it's the definite thing I will not give.

I know in my heart that John is searching for me, sometimes when I'm all alone I can feel this warmth blossom from my chest, and I like to believe that it's John, and he's trying to comfort me.

I've been getting beaten alot, by the men who come into my prison cell, and by the monster named Zachary. Every time I speak out of turn, look them in the eye, or do something without asking, like talking, or beginning to eat, or some other small thing like that, more bruises are added to my body. They are trying to break me, they want me to submit to their authority, but I can't. The wolf rising within me will not allow me to, and I suffer greatly because of it.

**********************************************************************************

"grrrrrgg", I looked down and patted my tummy weakly.

"Don't worry, you will be full soon. The food should be here any time now." If I ever get through this, I vow to never take my food for granted again. The men here only feed me once a day, and the food I'm given tastes so horrible, I wouldn't even give it to a raccoon to eat, and they eat practically anything!

I realized a couple of days ago that I will only be given food when I am seated on my mattress, so that was where I was. Sitting down on my very uncomfortable bed, in wait of something to eat.

I heard the door start to squeak, and before I could stop myself I looked up and my eyes locked with one of guys at the door. He growled at me and immediately I looked back down towards the floor, but it was too late, I had already been caught breaking one of the rules.

I could hear more people enter the room, approaching me, and I knew that this beating was going to last a while, but my eyes stayed glued to the floor, I didn't want to make the situation worse than it already was.

"Thanks so much for this princess" one of the men sneered and I flinched away from his voice.

"It was getting so boring out there, we've been waiting a while for you to screw up and finaly you have." The voice was right beside me now, and I could see plenty of shoes surronding me.

"Look at me!!" My head snapped up, and gave him the best glare I could muster up in my weak state.

"I'm going to enjoy wiping that pathetic glare off your face, i just want to tell you one more thing, so listen close." He gestured around the room and said "This is what you deserve." With that, I was kicked in the stomach and the beatings had begun.