Chapter 2: Who is She?

King's POV

Wow, I think my son just met his mate. As far as I am aware, mates aren't supposed to know of another till they're eighteen, and John is eight!! Looking at the three other adults in the room, I see that they are just as shocked as I am, and I know that there is much we are going to have to discuss.

I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention and nodded my head in the direction of the living room. Elizabeth, my beautiful mate, came and sat beside me after our two new members had taken a seat.

"So the first thing I would like to know is where the girl's true parents are, because you two are obviously not them. I need to know why she isn't with them, why your Alpha insisted that you come to the royal territory; what danger are you running from?" I said in a commanding voice, warning them with my eyes and my dominance, not to lie to me.
It was the man who spoke first, I recall him introducing himself as Lucas.
"Her parents are dead, and I can really only tell you that the pack she comes from was attacked by rogues a couple of years ago, during the rogue war."
The rogue war had taken the lives of many royal family members who had packs across the globe, so I am familiar with the loss, and the devastation it caused. It had taken me about two years to visit all the packs that no longer had a head Alpha and help them get back on their feet again. The sad part was that the war had destroyed many of the true royal families, leaving those packs weaker with their loss. One thing I didn't understand was, why after all these years are they coming to me, who is this child. I know she can't leave this pack now if what i suspect is true, but there is something else I am missing and I want to know what it is.

A/N

Vote and comment

Please please comment, I love knowing what you are thinking