Chapter 1

Elijah's POV

She's so beautiful. She's so kind and funny and smart.

"Mr. Williams, the next time I catch your eyes wandering during a test, you will get a zero," Ms. Stacey says to me. Damn it. I was staring at Reagan again. I shouldn't be doing this. She's my best friend. Is it sad that my best friend is a girl? But then again, who cares?

"Sorry, Ms. Stacey," I say as I continue my test. Why doesn't she see me like I see her? Well, she just broke up with her boyfriend. Ethan. I have known her since elementary school. He met her last year. He doesn't even go here. I guess it's my fault that I'm not with her. I never asked her out. I am the reason that I am in the friend zone. Ever since, Reagan and Ethan started dating, I have made it my mission to get out of the friend zone. Now that she's single, I have a chance.

All of a sudden, the bell rings pulling me out of my thoughts. Well, thank God the day is over. Damn, I didn't finish my test. Oh well. I get up and I turn in my test. On my way out the door, I can see Reagan walking ahead of me. I try to speed up to catch her but someone taps my shoulder. I turn around and I see Autumn Clarke. Autumn is a very quiet but pretty girl. Why is she talking to me?

"Hey Autumn," I say. I look back and Reagan is gone. I guess I can talk to Autumn right now. But, I do have to go to tutoring.

Autumn's POV

"Hi Elijah," I say. What am I doing? I can't just talk to Elijah. He is way too gorgeous for me. He doesn't even like me. He likes Reagan.

"What's up?" He asks. His green eyes are sparkling. Looking at his eyes are making me melt.

"Uh, how did you do on the test?" I ask. I am so stupid. God. Why am I so awkward?

"Awful. I didn't even finish," he says with a laugh, showing his beautiful teeth. "How did you do?"

"Bad," I lie. I actually thought I did pretty good. Why am I lying?

"We can be failure buddies," he says making me laugh. "I actually have to go. See ya around, Autumn," he says. He's probably leaving because I am so awkward.

"Bye, Elijah," I say as he walks away. Well, I have nowhere to go but home now and I don't want to go there. My mother left me. She just disappeared. Leaving me with dad. I know she was running away from him. He's so abusive. I don't know how many times I came home and found her with some sort of bruise. I'm glad she left him and protected herself but I hate her for leaving me. Dad is abusive. He treats me like a punching bag and a toy. I have to cover my bruises with make up. I had an abortion last year because of his baby. I am only sixteen. I had to pay for the abortion myself. I am disgusted with him. I feel disgusted with myself. I don't want to go home to him. Calling the police doesn't work because he is a cop.

Reagan's POV

As soon as the bell rings, I rush out the door. I want to catch Demetri before he goes home. Some people might think it's wrong that I am moving on from Ethan so fast but I don't care. Demetri Smith is so hot. His blond hair and his hazel eyes. Oh my god, he's beautiful. He plays football, he has amazing grades, all the teachers love him. I want him to be mine. 

I broke up with Ethan so that I could go after him. I just told everyone that Ethan broke up with me. He doesn't go to this school so it's not like he can tell anybody that I lied. Finally, I see Demetri at his locker. I take a deep breath and I start walking towards him. As I am walking, someone bumps into me, almost knocking me over. I turn around and I see Kandy Parks.

"You better watch yourself, bitch," she says.

"Shut up, Kandy. What is Kandy, by the way? Your stage name?" I say.

"You're gonna pay for that one, Jones," she says.

"Whoa, girls. Play nice," Someone says next to me. I turn and see Demetri standing next to me.

"Hey Demetri," I say. I can't believe he is actually standing right next to me. Well, I guess I can believe it. People do tell me I'm beautiful.

Demetri's POV

"Hi Reagan," I say. I look at Kandy and I wink at her. She starts smiling and she walks away. Oh, I love the feeling of being wanted by so many girls.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Nothing much. I was just thinking about you," I say. I can see her cheeks turning red.

"Oh you were? What a coincidence? I was thinking about you," She says. Either she's lying like me or she was actually thinking about me. Probably the second.

"So, do you want have the best night of your life and go out with me on Friday?" I ask.

"I don't know. I'll get back to you on that one," she says as she walks away. "Bye Demetri."

"Bye," I say. I walk out to the parking lot, get in my car, and I drive home.

Once I walk through the door, I get annoyed. My dad is in his office and my mom is on the phone. They both work all day. They don't pay attention to me at all. 

"Mom, Dad, I'm home," I yell. I don't get an answer back. As usual. Why am I ignored at home and the center of attention at school?

Kandy's POV

After Demetri winks at me, I decide to leave Jones alone and walk away. She isn't even worth my time. But, she is talking to my Demetri. That pisses me off a little bit but we promised to keep our relationship a secret. Well, it's not really a relationship. We just sleep with each other when we want to. I can't have a steady relationship. That seems hard and sickening.

I walk out of the school, get in my car, and drive home. As soon as I get there, I see my housekeeper, Kendall.

"Did you finish my essay?" I ask her. "It's due tomorrow."

"Of course. I'm sure you'll get an A," she says.

"Great. Thanks," I say as I walk through the door. I love my life. Being rich is awesome.

"Kandy? Is that you?" My dad calls from upstairs.

"Yes, Daddy," I say. He walks down the stairs and he gives me a hug.

"How's my perfect daughter?" He asks.

"I'm great. How was work?"

"Great. How was school?" He asks.

"Good. I got a B- on a test."

"That's great. Your mother and I will be leaving in a few hours on a business trip. We wont get back  until Sunday. I have to make a phone call right now. I'll talk to you later," he says.

"Okay Daddy," I say as he walks away.