Chapter 7

It had now been two years since Kieran had left. Almost everyone had forgotten about her. Everyone except Alpha Jared and Harrison.

The loss of his mate had caused Jared's already short temper to get even worse. Just the slightest mistake and he would snap at anyone, whether it was their fault on not. Being a newly found father, had also worsened his temper. The sleepless nights and the constant crying was irritating him to no end. He was still with Chloe and Jared was starting to wonder if he had made the right decision to pick Chloe over Kieran. He shook his head he should be thinking about her. She was just a slave. A worthless piece of shit, but he did feel bad about picking her one and only friend as his mate. He never planned to actually reject her, but he wasn't going to accept her either. He was going to just pretend the she didn't exist so that she would be inconstant pain, seeing him with another female and feeling like her heart was being ripped out whenever they slept together.

He had also been thinking back to the day she had left. He hadn't been expecting her reaction to his obvious rejection. And what had been wrong with her eyes.

Everyone had been seated around the table with Jared at the head of the table, his Beta Chris and his Delta to his right along with the pack warriors and to his left was Chloe - who had he been planning to announce as his mate for a while now - sat next to him and next to her was Zoe - his mates sister - then the rest of the pack, and finally with Harrison placed next to his soon to be rejected mate Kieran who was sat at the opposite end of the table to him.

Everyone was staring, well more like glaring at her but she looked down at her food and carried on eating.

When everyone was finished, Alpha Jared stood up, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

"So ... I know that you are all curious about why I have everyone eating together along with Kieran as well. I have some important news." Jared spoke loudly gaining everyone's attention. He couldn't wait to see Kieran's heartbroken expression.

"I have found my mate and would like to introduce you all to her, your new Luna."

While saying this, Jared was looking directly at Kieran with an evil smirk on his face, "My mate. Your Luna. Chloe Cane."

Standing up Chloe clung to his arm like he was about to disappear.

The pack was cheering for the Alpha finding his mate.

The weather outside changing from warm and slightly windy to bright and sunny and hot. The temperature went ice cold, a temperature that could beat the Artic, a strong frosty wind blowing the tree's almost out of their patch of ground, thunder and lightning booming across the sky hail stones bulleting through the sky denting people's cars. The electricity cutting of leaving room in a dim dark, the only lighting was the lightening outside, but with their enhanced sight they could make out most of the room. Alpha Jared was wondering what was happening and at the same time was trying to conceal his fear so his pack wouldn't find out.

The weather changed and a loud bang brought the pack out of their cheering and had each and every head at the table turn around to look outside through the window that was placed directly behind Kieran. They all gasped. However, it wasn't the weather that made them gasp ... it was Kieran. She was sat slouched in her chair laughing evilly at the scared faces of the pack. Jared found it terrifying. She looked demonic. Almost possessed. Kieran had then gazed lazily at Jared, staring straight into his eyes, her voice sending shivers throughout the whole packs bodies, she spoke clearly and dangerously low,

"Two can play your game Jared." Kieran had stated calmly yet with a dark undertone.

"I'm not playing any game ... And it's Alpha Jared to you." Jared was shaking with fear and was subconsciously holding Chloe close, as if she was a shield that he could hide behind. He was that scared of the slave now.