Chapter 2

Things changed after the rouge attack. The pack eventually gave up on asking Kieran what had happened. Instead they resorted to abusing her. It started off as small things, such as; making food once a week to doing the washing and tidying the living room. If she messed one of them up by even the slightest they would send her up to her room with no food.

Soon though they started to get bored. Whenever she made a mistake they would start to hit her. Getting harder every time. It wasn't longer after her eighth birthday that things got increasingly worse. They stopped feeding her altogether and the only way she managed to eat was from leftovers and when she managed to go to the forest surrounding the house to catch a rabbit. Considering she hadn't shifted yet and still had the senses of a normal human it was extremely difficult.

The pack would continuously throw insults at her, saying things like 'You're a worthless piece of shit' and 'No one cares about you' and 'Why can't you just die already?' Hearing her pack things like this caused Kieran to slowly close up there was only one person that would look at her and that was her friend Chloe.

When Kieran got to the age of ten, she had become a shell of the young smiling girl who she used to be. The only time she ever showed emotion was with her friend Chloe, who was the only one who seemed to care about her.

It was on her tenth birthday that things changed. Whether it was good or bad Kieran didn't know.

It had started as a normal day, Kieran was walking around the pack house cleaning up the mess that the other members purposely made for her to clean up. After tidying the rooms downstairs she went upstairs to start cleaning the bedrooms.

Things went downhill while she was carrying some expensive possessions that belonged to the former Alpha female. The former Alpha female had been a kind and caring person, making sure that everyone was happy. Unfortunately she had died the same time as Kieran's parents, Melissa and David Miles, when Kieran was six, which was four years ago making her ten and her siblings thirteen. She was walking down the stairs and had just reached the middle and seeing Zoë, her older sister, stood on the step below her, she politely waited until Zoë had passed so she could carry on down the stairs. Zoë swept passed Kieran with her head held high the smell of her sickly sweet perfume going up Kieran's nose making her want to sneeze. Kieran was just about to resume walking down the stairs when Zoë turned around and decided she was going to help her baby sister and harshly shoved her down the stairs, causing her to go tumbling down the stairs, until she landed at the bottom causing a loud bang to vibrate around the house.

Once she was at the bottom, people gathered around the stairs to find out what the loud bang was. Noticing it was just their 'worthless' slave they laughed. That was until the Alpha began walking down the stairs and also laughed when he saw who fell down the stairs. It was a completely different story when the Alpha reached the bottom of the stairs. Scattered all around the young girl, was glass. Glass that had previously been shaped to make small trinkets like, small fairy's and frogs and many other this. Glass trinkets that had belong to his mate, valuable items that she had cared for deeply. Lifting his gaze from the ruined items he locked gazes with Kieran.

He was consumed by anger. Although when he spoke it was in a calm tone.

"Explain why my mate's... your Luna's belongings are in a pile of ruins on the floor?"

"I-I'm so sorry Alpha. I was sho-", Shaking her head to stop herself, she knew she would just get into more trouble by blaming someone else so she change what she was saying. "I-I mean, I tripped and dropped the box on my way down. I'm so sorry Alpha."

Kieran was gently sobbing by now and had her head hung low, still on the floor surrounded by the glass on her hands and knees. She had changed her sentence mid-way through because she knew she would get punished for damaging someone else's things, without putting the blame on someone else.