Chapter 6

It had been two months since Kieran had left and Alpha Jared was starting to realise how much work Kieran actually did. The House was a mess and was starting to smell. It wasn't until the adults of the pack stepped in that the Pack House started to seem clean again. The pack mainly consisted of teenagers and a few young children. There was at least three teenagers to one adult, so they were easily overpowered. The adults couldn't control them. It was for this reason that the adults slowly started leaving the pack to move to a new one, unfortunately they were leaving with the young children and leaving the teenagers. Soon the pack was left with only teenagers and with the Alpha still being a teenager at eighteen himself the pack slowly started become less of a Pack and more of a Frat House.

Alpha Jared wasn't sure what was happening with his pack with everyone leaving. He didn't understand the problem. The pack had lost a majority of its members. From just over three hundred it was now down to less than a hundred. Luckily, some of the slightly older teenagers knew how to fight and were teaching the others so they weren't defenceless.

Thinking back to the dinner only two months ago, he thought over what Kieran had said, '"You will never truly be happy. Lying about your mate will bring you horrible consequences that you won't like... This pack with fall and nothing will help you and no one will survive at the end... I hope you're proud, you will be to blame for the end of their lives, their blood will be on your hands no one else's and nothing you can say or do will change that." He didn't understand how she knew that things were going to get worse.

It had now been a year since Kieran had left and with all the adults gone the pack had to start doing the cleaning themselves. However no one wanted to do the cleaning so it was just ignored. The house was a bomb site and was starting to smell of puke and dead animals, from their parties and their hunts. Things were starting to get out of hand and all Jared could think of was Kieran was right about the pack starting to fall and he hoped that she was wrong about his whole Pack dying, although he wasn't sure what was going to be the cause. It couldn't be an illness, wolves didn't get sick and it couldn't be the packs surrounding him wanting to fight. They wouldn't have taken in his old members if they were going to start a war. However if they were going to they would have already done it when they were weak and vulnerable. Not when they had trained the other members to fight as well.

A lot of things had changed in that first year. The Pack now had an underground prison next to the house where prisoners where kept. The prison was just a couple of cells next to each. They were basically cages the walls were silver bars to stop wolves from getting to close. So far they haven't had to use them.

Chloe and Jared were still together and were now expecting their first child. It came as a surprise to both Chloe and Jared considering neither had wanted kids especially at eighteen and nineteen, however they were excited. Chloe still hadn't found her mate yet. If he happened to come along she would just reject him anyway. Unless he was a more powerful Alpha than Jared. She only cared about the title. Jared knew this but he didn't care he was going to have a son. An heir to the Pack.

Zoe had also found her mate. She had stopped with her sluttish ways and had now settled down with her mate Beta Chris Cooper. Chris was shorter than the Alpha and 6ft and had Light Brown hair with soft brown eyes. They had met shortly after Kieran left. Chris had been saying goodbye to his parents who were leaving the pack with his little brother and Zoe happened to be walking past. Zoe had been doing the walk of shame trying to avoid anyone until she managed to have a shower. Unluckily, she had walked straight into her mate who was two years younger than her. Having had his eighteenth birthday a couple of days beforehand. After his family had left he had confronted Zoe about them being mates, he was jealous of the previous wolf she had just slept with that night. After an argument they decided that they would try it out and that if Zoe truly wanted to be with him, she had to stop sleeping around. Eventually, they got used to each other and Zoë stopped sleeping around, now they had happily been together for almost a year.