Chapter 5

It had been a week since Midnight had stopped talking to Kieran. So when she finally spoke it was a shock. It had been when Kieran was cleaning after yet again another party. She would be surprised if this pack survived after she left. It completely scared her so much she jumped, looking around she noticed that no one was there so she was safe, avoiding any hard questions pack members might ask her.

"You know you don't deserve to be treated like this we can leave you know. There is nothing keeping us here."

"Well... that's true, but shouldn't we go talk to the Alpha first for permission first."

"Be careful alright."

"It's when you say things like that, which scares me."

"Sorry."

"You know it's weird, I haven't seen Alpha Jared since the day before my birthday."

"I'm sure that everything is alright. Now hurry up."

Walking quietly and quickly Kieran up the stairs taking a few turns in the direction of Alpha Jared's office.

Kieran knocked and waited from a while. When there was no reply, Kieran huffed and turned back around and headed back down the steps to carry on with her cleaning. Once she was back into the living room she looked around in dismay. There was muddy footprints everywhere, the floor the furniture and even on the wall. She knew she would be in big trouble if she didn't tidy it soon. So she closed of her thoughts and mindlessly carried on with her cleaning.

After another hour of cleaning up the mud all over the room Kieran finally heard footsteps coming from the direction of the stairs, she quickly tidied what was left of the mess that was made by inconsiderate wolfs, and stood up with her hands clasped firmly behind her back and her head down. The smell of cleaning products was still strong in the air making it hard for Kieran to detect who it was that was walking in her direction.

With her head down, the only thing could see was the persons Converse and the dark and faded Levi's. It was when the smell of the cleaning products cleared from her nose that she smelt a mixture of her favourite smells, the fresh smells of outside and the rich smell of freshly ground coffee.

Looking up into shining blue eyes, Kieran was mesmerised. Carrying on her travels over the young man's face she drank in his shiny blonde locks and his thin lips pulled into a small smirk. It was only until he cleared his throat that Kieran actually saw who she was checking out. It was Alpha Jared.

"Mate."

"What? No it can't be!" Kieran angrily growled when she came to her senses.

"You know ... Although avoiding you is fun it would be nice to see your face look hurt broken." Alpha Jared sneered into Kieran's face.

With a look of confusion on her face, Kieran softly pushed out a question, "Wh-What do you mean?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Alpha Jared growled starting to get annoyed with his 'Mate' as if he would ever accept her. "Anyway. On to more important matters... I want to know why a lowlife scum like you was anywhere near my office."

"I urm it-it was nothing important."

"I didn't ask if it was important. I asked WHAT you were DOING there!"

With that Jared raised his hand and hit her on the side of her face, hard enough that she should have at least stumbled, but Kieran didn't even flinch, which fortunately Jared didn't notice. Even though Kieran knew her mate wouldn't accept her, it still hurt to know that he would go as far as to hit his mate. The one person whose meant to be his other half.