Chapter 4

After a few hours of pain, it had finally stopped. When she took her paws away from her ears and opened her eyes, she saw that the sky had got dramatically darker, meaning it was probably around 10 o'clock at night realising that she had been in the clearing for almost all day shocked Kieran, however her managing to stay conscious that long through the pain shocked her more. Kieran was unsure of what could have been dangerous about falling asleep but decided it was better if she didn't know.

Slowly standing up and stretching out, her body felt weird and slightly heavier but more graceful at the same time. Her body felt stronger and looking down at her paws she saw that she was further of the ground than before, her fur had grown longer and she also saw more muscle covering her body. The added muscle explained why she felt heavier but she also felt like although the muscle made her heavier she still felt like she could walk on water and not sink.

Kieran shifted back into her human form and noticed that in human form she had changed as well. Her muscle now more defined and she was sure she had grown an extra inch making her 6ft 1. Stumbling a little bit, where her body was still numb and aching, Kieran took careful steps towards a tall, thick tree where she leaned her back on it and slowly slid down until she was seated comfortably on the soft grassy ground underneath her.

"Well done for not falling asleep. That could have ended badly."

Deciding that she wanted to know the consequences Kieran asked, "How would it end up badly?"

"You could have falling into a deep sleep, which nothing could wake you up from."

"So basically a coma?"

"Yes."

"So do you want to explain what just happening?" As confused as she was she didn't want to be rude to her wolf. Midnight was a part of her. Not just another living creature but part of her soul as well.

"Sure. Now this is a long story so get ready."

Kieran reluctantly, shifted into her wolf to keep warm in the chilly night, and curled next to the tree trunk under its canopy of leaves.

"Okay so it's a bit on the strange side. It's more like a prophecy. 'A child who's life was filled with rejection and neglect. No one to even talk to when they needed it no one to understand them, no one to pay attention to them, no one to even pay them any attention. Positive attention. No one to care if they live or die.

They will gain great powers, such as; control over the basic elements, Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Teleportation and weather that changes according to their mood'... The End."

"I thought you said that 'this is a long story', why would you lie to me?"

"It is a long story. That isn't all of it. I can't tell you the rest that is for you to find out yourself. I can't tell you everything you know?"

"Oh. Well that makes more sense. I understand that you can't tell me everything, but sometimes it would be nice to be told things that are probably going to be important in the future."

Getting up, Kieran checked her surroundings and saw that it was still dark, she could tell that it was still late night, about 11 o'clock pm. After checking her surroundings and making sure that no one was looking or spying on her, she slowly trotted back to the tree line outlining the pack house.

Quickly shifting back, Kieran ran back to her small room in the pack house.

After settling down to what she was allowed to sleep on – a few old, crumpled and torn bed sheets – she finally drifted off to sleep thinking 'What a strange Birthday this was...'

Waking up in the morning, Kieran swiftly walked through the house, doing all of the work that needed to be done before everyone woke up. She knew that they would all have a head ache after the party that the pack had last night, she made sure she cleared up all their mess, including torn clothes and scattered underwear hanging of the furniture and even hanging of the chandelier in the middle of the living room. That was two days in a row that the pack had thrown a party and Kieran knew that it would not be the last time that the pack had back to back parties, in fact they would probably have one again later on that night.

Feeling energetic Kieran made up her mind that she should start training the few powers that she's got, to make them the strongest that they could possibly be.

Running into the woods, Kieran ran to her clearing to get started. On her way the she decided she was going to start training on her elements for then start with her emotions that the weather didn't go out of control and then finally she was going to train her teleportation.

Once reaching her destination, her mind wandering to her powers her wolf told her about, she focused on that and started her training.

Over a couple of weeks Kieran grew her powers until she had mastered complete and utter control over them. She could now summon the elements, shape them and even make animals and people out of them, creatures that could control themselves, something she found very useful in the rest of her training ( combat and powers ). She could also form the elements from nothing, which she knew that if anything bad happened and she got kidnapped and looked in a concrete cell with no window, she could still grow plants and have warmth and water without no resources. Her teleportation she got the hang of quickly, she could teleport to one place while staying where she was meaning she could be in two places at once. Her mood and the ability to use it to change the weather was harder to control, she couldn't stop the weather from changing but she could control her emotion so the weather wasn't constantly changing or always bad weather.

Many times she had tried to ask her wolf about her powers and why it was her who had gained them, but every time she would block her out and she realised, that this was what her wolf had meant when she said Kieran would have to work it out herself.

Over the time she was training she noticed that she was becoming stronger and much more powerful then she already was. Kieran knew that her powers were making her stronger than she was before and she knew that it was all the training that she had been doing.

Slowly Kieran noticed that whenever the Alpha Jared commanded her, he always used his 'Alpha Tone' to make sure she knew her place, 'forever a dirty scum who deserves nothing', It never worked. She no longer felt the need to obey every one of his commands. It was like she was immune to them. In fact the commands made her angry. She didn't like being ordered around and apparently neither did Midnight. However, she always followed his orders to make sure no one got suspicious and questioned why she wasn't listening to what she was told like any 'normal slave'.

Midnight was starting to get annoyed with Kieran. Wondering why she put up with the abuse. Kieran would always reply with 'It's only a little while longer then we can leave and never come back... Well except maybe for revenge.' However Midnight was putting up with it anymore and had decided to give Kieran the silent treatment until they left, which both were hoping was true.