Chapter 19 - Drowning In Tears

Tyler Ward and Max Schneider Cover - How To Save A Life (Song For Chapter)

Another upload

Another few reads

But I wont ever give it up because I enjoy it too much!

<<<

Chapter 19 - Drowning In Tears

Tayte's POV

I awoke in the morning, to Keane still dead to the world. At least he'd stopped thrashing about and muttering. I let him fall to sleep in my arms. I was so worried about him and it was scary, it was scary as hell seeing my best friend, my brother like this. I could only imagine what he was going through, it really did tear me up inside, as I felt so helpless and so lost without his strong presence. He'd always been a rock for his family, for me and seeing him as this fragile individual really was heart breaking. But I knew he was strong and I knew that he would beat it, that he could beat it. I was with him all the way.

"Tayte" A voice said in the door way, I looked up. Arii was stood there looking at me, "Is he sleeping?" I nodded, she held out her hand, "Come on, you need to eat something"

"I don't want to leave him" I said,

"Noah's coming in with Angelo. There's um, the police want to talk to you also"

"Are they here now?" she nodded, I looked at Keane, before I could say anything else Angelo's voice said,

"We'll take over. This is important that you give the correct statement of what happened so we can get out of here with Keane"

"Thanks" Noah said,

"For what?" I asked confused,

"For being my brother," I smiled and left with Arii, she took my hand as we headed down the corridor.

"Talina's talking with them; they're going through a few rules of Keane and Noah's house arrest, mainly Keane's and their also collecting statements. Talina's still trying to get the whole case dropped, so our statements are really important"

"You're taking this all really well" I told her,

"I have to. We all have to, for Keane's sake, because he's all that matters right now, not our parents, not anything else in the world, because without him we aren't complete"

"You know I love you right" I said, she smiled,

"I know you idjit and I love you too"

Everyone looked up as we entered the kitchen, two police officers were smartly dressed, with paperwork on the table in front of them, Talina was sat to the side of them, she stood up when she saw me,

"How is he?" She said softly coming over,

"Still sleeping, he didn't wake again"

"Well, once the officers have gone we'll try and get him to eat something," I nodded and we headed over to the table, the officers stood up and shook my hand,

"Good morning" They said, I didn't want to be civil with them, but they weren't the ones who arrested Keane and Noah yesterday,

"Good morning officers" I said, as we all sat around the table,

"We will begin with what happened previous to the fire, where were you? And where had you been?"

"We'd been at Nelson Mandela's house, the tickets..." I trailed off as Arii put it on the table "Here's the ticket to prove we went there. Then we were heading back to find a bus stop to take us to Johannesburg"