twenty one » pilots

//i apologize for the shitty pun//

//just kidding no i dont//

"tyler?"

the boy looks up. he's got his hands buried in the sand, the salty wind sweeping his hair in his eyes. "yes, mommy?" he asks, smiling as cutely as a small child can.

"do you want to go in the water?" she starts to ask, but is cut off by the sound of an engine. tyler's head jerks up.

a plane is roaring across the sky- one of those commercial ones, with the giant banner streaming behind it. but the banner has gotten tangled in the plane's engine, and it's falling. fast.

tyler hears screaming, and his mother is yelling for him to move, but he's frozen, staring at the falling plane with a fascinated wonder.

it hits the water and flames lick at it, and it's then that he's jerked away, Ito his mother's embrace, hearing worried words being muttered above him. but he can't get the image out of his head.

-

"so, planes?" asks josh, sipping at his coffee from his spot on tyler's couch. the other boy nods.

"and then i read a play about faulty airplane parts. where twenty one pilots died." he chews at his lip, which is red and ragged. "it means... it means a lot to me."

josh hums. "that sounds like a band name. twenty one pilots."

"yeah," answers tyler thoughtfully. you said you were in a band?"

josh nods.

"huh."

they sit in silence a bit longer, tyler continuing to work at his already aching lip. it hurts.

"i'd love to be in a band," josh sighs out wistfully, brushing his blue curls out of his eyes. "i miss the life. what about you?"

"yeah," tyler agrees hastily, his eyes going wide. "wait- josh, did you say you were a drummer?"

his boyfriend nods slowly, eyebrows raising in confusion. "why?"

tyler grins.

"d'you wanna start a band?"

//i cant stop listening to badlands send help//