He smiled staring at Danielle as he spoke as he did Sean chuckled under his breath.

"Abby's is probably the closest thing I have to a best friend in the Alpha House," Sean added. "She's an overachiever. She's bust her butt to get where she is and the reason she asked Danielle to do her best is because she wants to do hers, so I'd strap in because this has all the makings of a dog fight,."

"Do you both understand?" the proctor asked.

They both nodded finally making eye contact. The proctor turned to the crowd signaling by raising his arms causing them to erupt in anticapation. He turned to each girl one last time non-verbally checking as they both once again nodded in his direction. 

"Well, this fourth legion duel will begin!" he shouted.

The crowd erupted expecting a fast start like the ones they had gotten since the beginning of the trials but this one was different. Abby and Danielle just stood there.

"Abby," Danielle replied hushing the crowd.

"What is she doing?" Luke added.

"Shhh!" Sai shot.

Abby sighed annoyingly.

"Dani?" She replied in a pleading tone.

"I know, I just...I can't help it, I just want to say, I'm really sorry," Danielle replied tears forming in her eyes. "I should of said it right away and I know it's too little too late, but I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry. I should have tracked you down and begged for your forgiveness. You were my best friend...my only friend. You were the first person to accept me for who I was and you deserved better."

Abby forcibly looked away clearly hiding her own tears before taking a deep breath and continuing.

"I wasn't the only person who accepted another person when no one else would, Dani. That's what you never understood. I wasn't doing you a favor by being your friend. You were a great person from the moment I met you. You were the first truly nice person I had met since I arrived."

I stood my heart going out to the both of them. The girls were a mess next to us watching the exchange.

"You're hard because you have to be and you taught me to do the same. You taught me to stick up for myself. You help me gain a backbone. It was us against everyone else and we loved it. We didn't look to fit in, we didn't care what people thought about us. We acted as if we were the only two kids in the school. They made fun us, they talked about us and we help each other get through it," she continued struggling to get out every word. "But I just got tired of fighting. There was no need to keep everyone away anymore. They opened up to me. It was a chance to make peace. After you told me how long people had misjudged and stereotyped you, I thought you'd be happy to...maybe I shouldn't have assumed. I just...I hated that people didn't know the real you. The things they said about you...I couldn't believe how wrong they were about you."

Danielle just sobbed looking at the sky in a regretful manner. I could feel her feelings her biorhythms and it wasn't pain or anger she was feeling it was an abundance of joy. The weight of her past had to be weighing on her. She was finally getting Abby's side of the story and every word seemed to invigorate her.

"When I came to you I never considered you would believe I was leaving you and not asking you to come with me," she continued. "I would never..."

"I know, Abby, I'm sorry about calling you that and if I could have it back, I would have never said those words to you," Danielle replied cutting her off.

"Your words hurt, Dani but that wasn't what hurt the most," Abby replied. "How little you must've thought of me to believe I would ever do that to you. Because of that, your slur toward me gained weight and the fact that you never seeked me out to explained things only made things more concrete in my mind. I wanted to call you every time something great happened to me, every time something we used to laugh at came on, or just to see how you were doing but the more time went by the more convinced I was that the only person who felt that way was me."

Danielle shook her head almost smiling.

"No, that wasn't true at all, at times I even tapped into your BAU feeds to check in on you and see how things were coming along for you. Every news article, every interview, I had them all. I wanted to tell you a million times but the pain was so bad after we fell out that I convinced myself you would never forgive me," Danielle continued. "I was a coward."

Abby nodded.

"And so was I," Abby replied. "But..."

WHOOSH! As she spoke the gravity around her seemed to go in slow motion as she hovered high in the air. She was a Law Virt and the way she effortlessly controlled gravity and time things were about to get hairy.

"You made me a promise," Abby continued. "I wanted to see how good you have really gotten and when this is all over I'll know if you truly are sorry or if you are just messing with my mind. The Dani I knew would never take it easy unless she didn't see the person she was fighting as her equal."

Danielle smiled.

"You're talking about the beginning of your training," Danielle replied.

"Exactly, if you really mean everything you said then this fight will show that you truly see me as your equal," Abby shot.

WHOOSH! Danielle eyes lit up at the sound of her words. Her power surged to the point that it began to burrow into the ground she stood on. It was almost like she was fighting for her friendship. If any of us had any doubts about her giving her all, it all went out the way after their exchange. Danielle was going to do everything in her power to make sure Abby knew she was genuine.

LETTER TO FOLLOWERS:

Please continue to comment and vote. I really enjoyed reading that you guys enjoyed the read. Thanks. The second part will be up between tomorrow and Tuesday.