Sub-Chapter 19: Nothing Like a Father

“Are you seriously trying to tell me that my brother was just standing in front of me?" Isaiah asked in a pressing manner.

He had a look on his face that seemed like the inside of him was crumbing. It was like he was about to pop. He ran his hands through his hair in a nervous tic like motion. I couldn't tell if he was about to cry or break something but either way he didn't look happy.

"Yes he was,” I responded apologetically. "But we couldn't tell him yet because your father is still looking for him and if he found out you were his brother it would be harder for us to keep him from learning all the other things about his past and who his father actually is. I don't agree with it but I'm just doing what I've been told."

Isaiah nodded acknowledging that he understood my situation.

"Where is he going?" he asked.

I looked in the directions Sam had just gone off in before responding.

"It’s a long story but we are doing a mission that was given by God. I can't really get into the details of it but we basically have to go and retrieve something from a base on the southwest side of New Angeles," I explained.

His eyes grew large at the sound of my words. He walked toward me still looking at me as if I was playing a joke on him or something.

"Wait, does he know what's going on? Some guy hit that place about an hour ago. They say he was around my age. It’s how I broke out from the beginning. Regardless, they fortify that place, there's no way you guys are going to get through that by yourselves and to top it all off my father's there," he explained in an agitated manner.

His words sent my heart into my throat. If this guy had a hand in killing my parents what chance did we have against him. My mind was going a mile a minute I had to catch them before he got too far. It was all over. Did the council set Sam up by purposely giving him a mission that they knew he couldn't do? I was nervous and livid at the same time. Anything seemed possible.

"Tim, you have to get to Sam," Uriah broke in. “He's nearing the base and judging by his biorhythms he's not going to wait on you. He feels he has something to prove so he wants to do it without you. But based on what Isaiah just said there is no way he can do this by himself. His father was one of the strongest remnants in your parents Legion."

My mind was going a mile a minute trying to figure out something to do.

"I'm sorry but I have to go,” I replied flustered in my appearance and actions.

“Wait take me with you," Isaiah added in a begging manner.

I shook my head no. I understood what he was going through but it was too big of a liability.

I turned to John for help. When I did he was already shaking his head no as if he was trying to get memories out of them.

"No,” he replied surprising both of us. "He is supposed to go with you. That is why the Lord brought him here and that is why he brought you here."

I didn't know what to do. But if the guy who wrote the book on the end of time was telling me I was supposed to do something I wasn’t going to argue.

"You have to take him," Uriah second. "If the guy who wrote the book believes it, who we to say he's wrong. Just be careful."

Just as I was about to give in I felt a weird surge of energy. I shuddered as a feeling of pain and regret shot through me. In a flash of light my body felt as if it was being transported. As I did I could see what it was for the first time. Sam had been caught and I was feeling everything he was at that time.