Sub Chapter 7: The Curious Ability of Timothy Eli

If it was congested before, it was now an A/C vent and we had to maneuver in it. They had us completely surrounded and with every dodge it seemed like I was narrowly avoiding disaster.

BOOM! BOOM! Ships exploded all around us. Outside of Jadon and couple other ships, none of them could keep up with us.

“Theta’s, if we’re going to have to make a move, we need to make it now,” Jaddon warned. “We’re running out of man power.”

BOOM! I dodged as two planes crashed into each other.

“Watch out, Sam,” I let out hoping he dodged the debris.

BDRRRRR! BDRRRR! BOOM! Eve and Sai mowed them down as Sam made the tight squeeze.

“I’m okay,” he responded still on my tail.

He was an excellent pilot. No matter how I moved he was there stuck to my tail like a car tag.

“Good shooting, you guys. We’re almost there,” I said trying to motivating my team.

“Yeah, it’s getting sticky though,” Eve added.

“Yeah, they have us surround it,” Sai seconded. “We’ll be lucky if any of us make it through this wave.”

BOOM! BDRRRR! BOOM! BDRRRRR! BOOM! The last of our ships exploded. We were the only ones left, outside Jadon, and we were painfully outmatched. Jadon was right. This game was ridiculous. It felt like playing a game on the hardest level. All guns firing and pilots ten times as good as the ships on our side.

“My gosh,” I let out moving out of the way as the last ship exploded. “They’re everywhere.”

Our battalion didn’t stand a chance. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

“Tim, Watch out!” Sai warned shooting a plane on me hot.

BOOM! A ship exploded throwing me out of position. I was spinning out of control. It was too close and I got the full brunt of the explosion and if it wasn’t for my shields, I would have been done for.

“Man,”  I complained struggling to regain control.

“Ahhhhhh!” Eve complained. “I’m going to throw up.”

We continued spinning in a downward spiral and there was nothing I could do to force us straight.

“Tim, hold on,” Sam replied trying to assure me.

I struggled to look for him, but with my plane spinning out of control, I couldn’t see a thing.

BDRRRR! BDRRRR! BDRRRR! I could see the shots raining down all around me like...well, rain. It looked like a laser light show. Our shield was failing fast.

“Sam, stay away, I can right the ship, but it’s too dangerous to….”

BOOM! BOOM! BDRRRR! BOOM! BDRRRR! I could hear the ships exploding all around me but I couldn’t see what was going on.

“No way, I’m coming,” he replied.

BOOM! BOOM! Could Sam really be stupid enough to be coming after me? I had to stop my plane and help him. He was jeopardizing the entire mission.

“Sam, seriously, go help Jadon,” I begged. “We can do something big here, who cares if I am in it or not.”

“I don’t care, I don’t abandon my legionmates, not now…not ever,” he responded.

BOOM! BDDDRRRR! BOOM! BDDDRRR! He was coming for me and it was crazy. Even if he somehow made it to me, there was nothing he could do.

“Sam, Tim’s right,” Eve pleaded. “Just try to get to the base.”