Sub-Chapter 18: No Place Like Gone

"These guys smell," Sam added covering his nose as he spoke. "It's like hot sewer water."

I ignored him as I looked around. These guys were intimidating. They weren't roaring or making threats they just stood in front of us waiting in stance like trained assassins. I pulled my hood over my face to hide my identity. Sam saw me and followed suit. I couldn't smell them but there power made me queasy. I wish I could cut my extra sensitive touch off but at least I was no longer collapsing. The legion crept towards us before one of the Highgates broke in.

"Halt!" Said one of them as he hovered high above our heads.

As he spoke the legion stopped and stood at attention like robots.

"Are you two apart of the legion we are looking for?" said one of the men.

I stood not saying a word hoping Sam would follow suit. I didn't know how to respond but I knew I needed to do something.

"Tim, Uriah and I are going to cut out?" Pete replied. "It's protocol. If you guys are linked through BAU then they are connected to the BAU net here in the Heaven Realm if they capture you guys. So, any minute we are going to cut out. But trust me we are coming! Just sit still and don't do anything stupid. Me, Jacob, Beth, and Eve are coming! We are eligible because we've been admitted and we can still travel to the Earth Realm. They are going to send us because we are the only ones they can send. Just keep Sam safe and turn yourself in..."

"Pete?" I muttered via BAU.

There was no response.

"Who are you two?!" Another Highgate declared angrily.

"None of your business, Jerk!" Sam shot back.

FLICKER! Before Sam could react I saw a flicker and the man was standing behind Sam. He was fast but he was no match for my new found speed.

Wham!Flip! Flip!BOOM! I caught him with a punch before he could blink that sent him flipping across the terrain.

"Hey," I screamed to the group of people behind me. "Run, NOW!"

The people looked at me for a second or two then fled in the opposite direction as Sam and I stood guarding them making sure they could get away clean.

SOOF! Before they could move they all seemed to be frozen in their spots.

"Let them go, you jerks!" Sam ordered.

"Fenrir, who is this boy?" said one of the Highgates ignoring Sam's words.

His eyes were vacant black as he spoke. He was using some sort of Demonic BAU. I stood motionless as he moved his head back and forth as if he was being possessed.

"Oh, wow, what a treat?" he said moving his head around in a creepy demonic way. "It's the Eli. Yes, this is one of the Heavenians."

I knew who it was right away. It was Fenrir from our fight at the Bermuda Triangle during my undertaking with Herschel. He was using the High gate as a vessel.

"We're from the Earth Realm, you bum!" Sam shot.

"Sam, be quiet," I ordered.

"Why?" Sam fired. "These goons don't scare me."

I shook my head as I turned to him.

"It doesn't matter if you're scared of them or not. We can't beat all these guys by ourselves and if we lose, the undertaking is over. You lose your chance at the academy and so do we," I fired.

He looked at me in an apologetic manner.

"Who are you boy?" said the Fenrir agitated.

"My name is..."