Sub-Chapter 21: Equally Bad

WHOOSH! Danielle's eyes lit up at the sound of Abby's words. Her power surged to the point that it began to burrow into the ground she stood on. It was almost like she was fighting for her friendship. If any of us had any doubts about her giving her all, it all went out the way after their exchange. Danielle was going to do everything in her power to make sure Abby knew she was genuine.

"Alright, Abby," Danielle replied rising into the air until they were parallel. "If that's what you want."

"It's exactly what I want?" Abby responded.

SIZZLE! ZOOSH! As she finished her sentence she moved her arm sending a flying gravity shot toward Danielle.

BWOOP! Danielle closed her eyes without even flinching as the gravity orb shot toward her. It exploded and dissipated as she reopened them.

"C'mon, Abby, if you want my respect your going to have to do better than that," Danielle shot.

SWISH! SIZZlE! SWOOSH! SIZZLE! SWOOSH! Abby smiled as her hands began to move into over drive sending shots at Danielle one after another.

Danielle blocked them all in succession.

"Shoot as many as you want, I have that element broken down," Danielle replied. "I know the composition. It'll never get through my shield."

"What is she talking about?" I replied turning to Pete.

"Well, Law Virts, our bread in butter is our ability to compose chemicals elements. You know, solids, gas, and liquids," he replied. "The way we choose to use it is diverse but the key is our chemical makeup. Once our chemical makeup is exposed are maneuvers are easier to counter balance. Danielle has her chemicals down and has created the perfect counter balance. She's an elemental but she fights like a Virt. The way she blends and chemically combines her liquids it's almost like she is a Virt."

"Her father was a Heaven Realm Chemist before going into politics. It only makes sense she would be adept in chemical bonds," Jacob added.

"How do you know?" I shot turning to him.

"How do you think? She told me," Jacob shot.

SPOOSH! SPOOSH! Danielle exploded each orb on contact with her shield.

"I told you..." Danielle replied before stopping as she looked into Abby's eyes.

Abby stared over her head with a smile that was telling. We slowed following her gaze along with Danielle and stopped staring at the scene that had formed high above her head. The gravity particles had formed into sickle like spikes hovering over her head.

"Crap!" Danielle replied.

As she did Abby swung her arms forward causing the sickles to vibrate fast and hard.

TWIRL! Danielle began to spin at warp speed pulling in water from the air until it looked like she was inside a human ball. She spun faster and faster as Abby threw her arms down forcing the sickles to follow suit.

PING! PING! PING! We all stood watching in awe. Danielle had somehow as a Liquid elemental created an ice barrier that intercepted each spike. The crowd cheered loudly as the spike lodge into the ice sphere on contact.

"Nice Job, Dani," Sai replied.

Abby looked surprised as well.

CRACK! BOOM! Danielle hammered the ice causing it to crack then shatter as she emerged from the capsule.

"Good one," she replied ripping off her shirt sleeve.

She had small cuts all over her arm. Her eyes lit up as she used the healing technique to heal herself.