eighteen ✧ 17 seconds & the better cook

+ harry's pov +

"Let's go to the mall after school today," Dani said, while taking a sip of the Starbucks ice coffee she had just bought.

"Okay. Sure, you Harry?" Eleanor looked towards me.

"Um.. I don't know I have to go to the retirement home-" Dani cut me off.

"Goodness Harry." Dani sighed heavily. "Take one day off? Please."

"Please Harry," Eleanor pleaded.

"I'll text you guys later and tell you." I spoke, walking a little faster.

"Do you have somewhere to be? Why are you walking like that. We've got time H." Eleanor shot me a weird look.

"I'm meeting Zayn before class." I blushed.

"Ooooh!!" Dani squealed. "You go love! Go get him!"

Eleanor laughed. "Go! Go! Go!"

I rolled my eyes sarcastically and ran ahead to meet Zayn outside where he wanted me to meet him.

"Hi love." Zayn smiled when he saw me coming out of the doors.

Love.

"Hi Zayn." I smiled back at him, sitting down beside him.

"You were 17 seconds late. I counted." Zayn turned towards me.

"Really Mr Malik? I was 17 seconds late?" I giggled.

Zayn nodded. "I waited so long for you babe!"

Babe.

"I realize.. Next time should I be 16 seconds late?"

"That'd be greatly appreciated."

After school that day, I checked with Beatrix before texting Eleanor and Dani to tell them I could come with them to the mall.

Beatrix said they were okay for today, and gave me the day off of volunteering.

to el & dani: I'm on my way. x

I met Eleanor an Dani at the mall, and seriously - the first thing we did was get Starbucks.

"You already had Starbucks today." I rolled my eyes, placing the straw in my caramel frap.

"You can never have enough Starbucks Harry." Dani told me, taking a sip of her second iced coffee today.

"Let's go check out the stores, come on." Eleanor began walking out of Starbucks and Dani and I followed.

"How about we check upstairs? I want to see if that store I like has my shirts," I smirked at Eleanor and Dani who rolled their eyes.

"Your shirts are hideous." Dani faked a gag.

"Terrible," Eleanor shook her head in disgust.

"Oh just shut up!" I began walking towards the elevator.

☆*:.。. later

When I had gotten home from the mall with Eleanor and Dani, it was around 6:30, so I put my bags in my house and drove down to the retirement home, as Zayn normally stays until 8:00.

I parked outside, and stepped out of my car.

I walked inside, and signed in. Before going anywhere else, I checked to see when Zayn signed in - which was around 4:00, so that meant he was still here as he hadn't signed out yet.

"Zayn's in the kitchen," Beatrix told me casually, sitting back down at her usual spot behind the desk.

I blushed. "And why are you telling me this?"

"Because I happened to notice you scanning through the book in which you just signed into and you normally don't look at anyone else's name?" Beatrix curled her lip, shrugging.

I exhaled. "Thank you." Afterwards I made my way to the kitchen to see Zayn serving Vern.

"Harold! Zayn helped cook tonight!" Vern called as soon as he saw me.

"Really? I didn't know Zayn could cook," I giggled signalling Zayn as I walked towards him.

Zayn frowned at me, and smacked my bum playfully. "I do cook." He laughed.

My heart turned, and I began blushing.

"For your information, Zayn cooked great," Vern said scooping up peas and corn in his spoon. "What about you Harold? You should cook dinner for us one day! Remember that time you brought us cookies?! Ooh, those were absolutely amazing,"

"Babe, you cook too?" Zayn tilted his head to the side.

"Of course! And something tells me I'm better than you," I stated confidently.

"Nope, not a chance." Zayn shook his head, walking back to the kitchen and making another plate of food.

"Well then I guess one day you'll just have to cook for me so I know for sure," I joked, raising my eyebrows at the hazel eyed boy.

"Okay Harry." Zayn grinned. "Friday night?"

I... "Okay Malik. I'll be there. Maybe I should cook for you too. Let's see who's better,"

"Your on, love." Zayn challenged.

Friday night was going to be great.

*:.. authors note ☆*:.。

This is a chill little filler whatever chapter.

-alexis.