thirteen ✧ swimming & not a bad boy

+ harry's pov +

« zayn can swim in this story
okay? »

"Why did Zayn even want to talk to you?" Dani asked me when I had arrived in the basement.

"He's not that bad.." I shrugged, grabbing a soda from the cooler which was beside the couch.

A sudden, Louis poked his head out from the basement door. "Liam will be here soon!! Everyone get upstairs." Louis demanded, and everyone laughed before going up the stairs to the main floor.

"I need you guys to find a hiding spot. Not in here. Living room and kitchen, when I turn the lights on in the rooms you guys are in, jump out and yell surprise okay? Good." Louis spoke, turning the lights off.

Everyone huddled in the rooms except for Zayn who stayed with Louis.

I watched from the living room. The doorbell rang, and Louis opened it right away.

"Happy birthday Liam." Louis spoke, before kissing Liam.

"Thank you love." Liam smiled, and then gave Zayn a high five.

"Happy birthday lad." Zayn nodded.

A sudden Louis turned the lights on in the rooms everyone was huddled in.

Automatically everyone jumped out and screamed surprise.

Liam was definitely surprised, as he had almost jumped into Louis' arms.

"Happy birthday baby." Louis kissed Liam one more time, and then the music turned back on and everyone began to party once again.

"Oh my goodness." Dani swooned. "Liam looks great oh my god, El, let's go talk to him." Dani motioned towards Eleanor who nodded and the two ran over to talk to Louis and Liam.

"They're obsessed with Liam." Zayn said, walking back over to me.

My heart began to pound. "Yeah they are. But I'm not going to be hypocritical, because I do like he is very attractive as well."

"He is to be honest. Louis is the luckiest person at school." Zayn nodded, and then we both found ourselves starring at Liam.

"God, we've got to stop." I chuckled, and Zayn nodded.

Zayn looked at me, and bit his lip. "Do you want to go swimming out back in Louis' pool? He's not letting anyone back there. But he won't mind if we go." Zayn said, still looking at me.

His eyes were such a nice honey hazel coloured, and they almost sparkled.

Barely breathing, I answered. "I don't have a bathing suit."

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." He raised his eyebrows, and tugged on my shirt sleeve. "C'mon love. It'll be fun."

Love.

"Okay." I smiled, following Zayn into the backyard.

It was quiet, minus the slight blasting of music in the house which became quiet when Zayn closed the backyard door.

He looked at me again before turning on the small lights that were hung upon the fence and exhaled.

"Ready?" He asked, taking his leather jacket off and placing it on the lounge chair beside the pool.

I nodded slowly, standing there frozen while Zayn pulled his white t-shirt off and revealed many tattoos on his chest and arms.

Then he pulled off his pants and jumped into the pool in his boxers. "I guess this will do, yeah?" He laughed, wiping his face.

I undid the buttons on my button down shirt and placed it right on top of Zayn's clothing.

I turned around, then peeled my skin tight black jeans off and before jumping in the pool, I tied my hair up in a bun.

"Come on in." Zayn floated on the water, smiling.

"I'm coming, calm down." I giggled, jumping into the deep end.

Zayn swam towards me and grasped onto my shoulders.

"Yes Zayn?" I smiled, looking down at the water.

His legs entwined with mine, then he let go, swimming backwards.

"Are you just going to stay there?" Zayn questioned, smirking.

"No." I stated, swimming towards the middle of the pool where Zayn was treading water.

My attention fixed on his tattoos. "Aren't you a little underage to be getting tattoos?" I raised my eyebrows, and Zayn chuckled softly.

"Why do you think all bad boys-" Zayn used air quotations when he said bad boys, "-Have fake ID's these days, babe?"

I rolled my eyes. "So you are a bad boy?" I used air quotations as well.

"Not necessarily," He smirked, moving one of my curls out of my face.

"Really." I stated.

"Really." Zayn smiled. "I'm not as bad as you think I am."

"Okay."

"Yeah, I've got plenty tattoos, and I do ride Louis' motorcycle often.. Did you know that I don't actually smoke? Louis and I don't. Apparently we just seem to look like we do." Zayn shot a flat expression. "We like to be mysterious."

"You wear that leather jacket to cover your arms?" I asked.

"Yeah. My mum discovered my tattoos last year.. She was pretty mad." Zayn laughed.

I swam underwater and to the deep end. "You wanna jump in with me?" I climbed out and stood by the edge of the pool.

Zayn smirked eying me up and down before swimming towards the deep end and climbing out as well. "Sure."

Without a warning Zayn grabbed a hold of my hand, and just his touch made me feel some kind of way.

"So we'll start counting down from 3, yeah?" Zayn asked, completely casual as to holding my hand.

"O-okay." I didn't mean to stutter.

"Three... Two... One!" Zayn and I jumped in, water splashing everywhere.

*:.. authors note ☆*:.。

BUT I KNOW I SAID THIS IN MY LAST AUTHORS NOTE BUT IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE IN LOVE WITH ZARRY'S LOVE OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T BREATHE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MY ZARRY HEART IS EXPLODING.

how are all of you, enjoying the story so far? it's incredible that I literally started this story last week and we're already at 1k i'm crying you guys are so amazing thank you so much <3

-alexis.