Chapter 18

"Bon travail. Classe, vous devriez être comme Arie et Bryn." Our teacher said. It was five minutes passed when the bell rang and Bryn and I were the last group she tried to cram in on this lovely Friday evening. "You two. I want you to send me a copy of your project so I can use it as an exemplar in the future. The rest of you, have a good weekend."

"Good job." I told Bryn as we began to pack up and unwind. I actually thought that we were one of the best. Going last wasn't ideal, but at least we went today instead of having to wait to go on Monday.

"You too." He said. "It's over now, we can relax. Friday." He meant the time we spent working on the project. I was a bit tired too. I've been so occupied that it barely occurred to me that today is Friday and the week was over.

"Yeah." I agreed with him. "But I wouldn't mind doing it again, it was kind of fun even though we made it become a little rushed." He looked over at me for a second and didn't reply. Okay then. Jules came up to me and helped me with a rest of it.

"You guys were really good." She told me. I tried looking at her but my eyes seemed to want to follow Bryn leaving behind her. He didn't even say bye.

"Thanks. We did pull it together I think."

"You are really lucky though. I'm stuck with Edie and he can't even pronounce the basic things right! I'm beginning to regret not stealing one of you as my partner." She sighed. When she frowned people got the urge to try and cheer her up. It wasn't that she looked terrible, it was more of a surprising thing.

"Hey, you said you were fine. Besides, you really are. Nobody else can make anyone work like you can. You just have to show a pushier side of you."

"Okay, I may have exaggerated a bit about Edie. But you two. . . You guys made a team. Really. I can totally see you both leading the pack in a few years." She said while we began to leave. It was nice to see that someone else thought that for a change as well and it wasn't just me controlled by my lovesick mind.

"We're gonna have a party the day that happens." I promised her.

"It'll be the best party ever. Anyways, see you later."

"Bye!" I said and then went onto my motorcycle as she went into her car. I started it and then drove straight home from school. Mom and Dad took the triplets out for a dentist appointment and they were going to visit one of my uncles and aunts afterwards, which explained why my house was empty and dark when I got there. Hm, a home to myself. This would be nice. I didn't really plan to do anything with my friends so I guess this will be my time alone, finally.

I can finally try all that stuff I always wanted to do but never got around to actually do it. My parents were usually hovery and always asked what I was doing or had something they wanted me to do. My brothers even were worse. They've passed that stage where they want to know every single detail about every single small thing but they were still annoying. If I was doing something they HAD to be in on it too, or else either a water fall of tears and tantrums and scoldings from my parents would come my way or smaller annoying things that I just have to suck up and deal with would happen. Because of that, I haven't really acquired any talents someone would have to work on their own to achieve, but right now, it seemed that nothing was stopping me.

Number one on my list was to try and replicate the list Liam's mom gave me to make her brownies. It was one of the greatest weapons to fight against period cramps which I had right now. I did run out of my own supply of brownies and haven't racked up the courage to ask Liam's mom for more. Olive could be eating them all, and that thought was annoying. But gong to Liam's house will be crossing a line into his territory. Even though we didn't have proper closure and he crushed my heart the last time I spoke to him, he stayed out of my territory- like when I hit his mate. I was thankful for it. We could exist as two nothings. It was a bit sad that I thought of this towards someone who used to be my greatest best friend in the whole world, but I wasn't going to risk the possibility of being slammed when he has full power.