Chapter 13

*Ri Gi POV*

About a month has went by. I tried to put what Mi So had said about Jeno in the back of my mind, but it kept haunting my everyday life. Jeno and I are still just "friends" since it's against company rules for rookies to date. But the thought that he might lose interest in me lingers in my brain. He still interacts with me, which still gives me some hope to hold on to. 

During this time, I've noticed that Jeno and Mi So have been very... interactive since they've met. I'm probably overreacting since it's only friendly hugs and playful hits, but my heart aches whenever I see them together. Even though nothing too bad has happened yet, Jeno's loyalty and Mi So's friendship is about to be put to the ultimate test.

We were all hanging around the dance room. A few dancing, a few singing, and a few just playing with each other. I was on my phone when the door opened. "Oh, Minho sunbaenim!" Herin said, standing to bow. We all looked up and SHINee's Minho was standing at the door, flashing his great smile. We all followed and bowed. 

"Hello everyone," he started, "I have a special announcement so please listen." Everyone gathered around Minho and listened. He continued. "The rookies are going to do a fun project to show how well you work together and on stage." This earned a few excited and confused looks from everyone. "Each of you are going to be partnered with someone to perform a song infront of all your sunbaes." The room broke into cheers and gasps. People were already picking partners when Minho spoke up. 

"Everyone there's still more!" He said, trying to calm everyone down. The room hushed again as Minho started again. "After lots of planning, this is how we're going to do it. Your partners and songs will be drawn at random. Also, we want to try to do boy and girl pairings. But, because of the uneven ratio, two guys may be partnered. And..." he slightly hesitated, "Ri Gi will be included in this!" I jumped, all eyes were on me. Nervously sweating, I spoke.

"But... but I'm not a rookie!" I said. I have HUGE stagefright, I can NOT compete. Minho smiled. "BUT, you do have talent, Jin Ri showed me the video." I facepalmed. Did she show the entire WORLD that video?! I thought, frustrated. I nodded at his words. Well, this is my fate.. I thought. I turned to Jeno, seeing his bright smile flash me. It's okay, he mouthed, which lifted so much weight off my chest. I smiled and nodded.

"We're going to start drawing partners!" Minho called, which everyone rushed towards him anxiously. One by one, he started picking name's. "Jeno.." Minho started. I tensed up, nervous on who it's gonna be. "And... Mi So!" He finished. My heart sunk. Mi So and Jeno partnered up, and I tried not to give a sorrowful look. I sighed. Oh well, it's with my best friend, my best friend that likes him.. I thought. Next is.. Ten and.... Yuta?" Minho said. Giggles filled the room as the duo partnered up. 

"It's cool.." I heard Ten whispered coolly. I giggled, they're adorable together. 

"Next, Ri Gi..." Minho said. I froze. I waited anxiously as he drew another name. "And.... Mark!" I looked at Mark, who was smiling towards me. I smiled back, sheepishly approaching him.

"I'm glad it's you." He whispered, giving me a friendly hug. 

"Me too!" I said back. One by one, groups were picked. Finally, it finished, but now the songs. We gathered with our partners, just as nervous as before. 

-Time Skip-

Everyone already had their song. Hansol and Taeyong got Delicious by ToHeart. Doyoung and Johnny got Zutter by GD and T.O.P, which they were both super excited about. Koeun and Jaehyun got Touch my Body, sending everyone laughing at Jaehyun. Donghyuk and Hina got Falling in Love by 2NE1. Herin, Jaemin, and Taeil got Adore U by SEVENTEEN. Lami and Jisung got the cutesy song of Here I Am by ZE:A. My personal favourite, Yuta and Ten got Trouble Marker by Trouble Maker, which everyone died of laughter at their fate. Mi So and Jeno got Hallelujah by Jonghyun, kinda making me jealous that they got that type of song. I sighed, letting out my feelings. I trust him, I know nothing will happen. Lastly, Mark and I. We were both waiting anxiously for our fate. As Minho pulled the last card, he said, "now, for Mark and Ri Gi." He opened the card, and he read, "I Need a Girl by Taeyang."

(A/N: FINALLY, A CHAPTER!!!! *confetti* I'm sooo sorry about not updating, so I hope you can forgive me with this longer chapter. Did you guys like my Yuten moments?! :D I decided to get a little more creative while writing this. XD Thank you guys for sticking through me, and the slow updates (once again, sorry ._.) Saranghae <3