Chapter 12

*Third Person POV*

It's been about a month since Mi So was introduced as an SMRookie. She was friends with everyone due to her charismatic personality. She had become extra close with Ri Gi. The two were extremely close. They clicked with each other since they first met. They knew everything about each other, and cared for one another very much. But one day, Mi So sat Ri Gi down to tell her a deep secret, a secret that could turn everything upside down.

*Ri Gi POV*

I was hanging around the recording studio with the rest of  the female rookies. They were preparing to record a cover they made. All of them had beautiful, angelic, voices, especially Mi So. I was always jealous of her all around perfection. Her voice, her looks, her charisma, she makes the perfect idol. But I love her, she's my best friend and the most selfless person I know. 

After the first round of recording, Mi So and I left to walk around the streets of Seoul. We ate, walked, and laughed all day. After a while we sat down to rest and eat.

"Uhmm, hey, Ri Gi?" Mi So suddenly asked, her head looking down. I gave her a concerned look.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I asked she slowly looked at me. 

"Can I tell you a secret?" She asked, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink. Confused, I nodded for her to go on. She deeply sighed, and continued. "Well I... I kind of like, someone.." she said turning away. A wide smile appeared on my face.

"It's a rookie, isn't it?!" I asked. She gave a shy smile and nodded. I held her hand. "Who?!" I asked, desperate to know. 'Is it Mark, Jisung, Jaemin?' I thought. She looked so adorable when she's shy. 

"Well, it's.... Jeno!" She said. My smile disappeared in an instant.

"Oh...really?" I asked quietly. She nodded, not noticing my sadness. I looked away, drowning in my thoughts once again. 

It's been a month since Jeno confessed, but our relationship never went any further. We talked, hugged, and the occasional secret kiss on the forehead every once in a while, but that's it. I wondered if he really could like her back, even more than me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden slap on the table. I shook out of my thoughts, surprised. I looked at Mi So, who looked concerned. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She smiled and continued to talk, even though I was never paying attention. 

"I just don't know how to tell him, I mean, I don't even know if he likes me." She said. I just nodded at her every statement. After a couple hours, we headed back. It was quiet the entire way back. I didn't know what to do, let them be, or stop them.