Chapter 19

Apocalypse
CHAPTER 19

I've been covered in blood, dirt and sweat for a long period of time now, so I stink.
It's hard being a teenage girl in a zombie apocalypse!
I take a shower after Rick, Carl and I eat some food.

I sit on the floor of the shower in a tuck sit letting the water rain onto my head.
I hope this place is safe. I NEED this place to be safe.

After nearly getting drowned in the shower, I dry my hair and get changed into some clothes that Jessie left me.

I put on jeans, my flat-bottom leather boots, a singlet and a red over shirt.

"Carl?" I knock on his door. He opens it, wearing a grey shirt and jeans.

"Jessie's going to introduce us to the other kids." Carl nods and follows me downstairs.

*        *       *

Jessie leads us to the house near the end, where I assume the kids are hanging out.

"Hi Mum!" I hear a voice call. I turn around and see a boy approaching us from inside the house.

"Ron, this is Carl and Lilac. Carl Lilac, this's Ron my son." Jessie turns to Ron.

"Look after them won't you?" Her son nods and then guides us inside.

Holy shit! It's Ron? Why the fuck is he here??? I take a deep breath as Ron gives me a wary glance.

*      *      *

We climb up a flight of stairs to a room. Three other kids are in there.

A girl my age with long brown hair is sitting on the bed reading a comic, a boy a little older than me by the looks of it it standing facing us and Ansel sits in the corner jotting down writing in a notebook.

"So, Carl and Lilac! This is my gang, oh and Ansel. But this's Mikey," Ron indicates to the boy. "and this is Enid . Yeah, she doesn't talk much."

His hand resting on her shoulder obviously shows them as a couple.

"Want to play video games?" Ron asks Carl. He nods and they go off to play some game.

I sit next to Ansel and look over secretly at what he's writing. It's a journal or diary by the looks of it.

He notices me looking, so he quickly writes a note for me to read.

"She's not much of a peoples person."

A arrow points to Enid above his note. I nod, agreeing with his statement.

"So, Lilac. I don't know much about you but I'm willing to find out some facts." Mikey drags over a chair and sits next to me.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I ask. "The basic stuff. Your family, where you used to live, things you enjoy. That sorta stuff."

"Well, my family isn't here anymore. My brother was separated from me and I don't know if he's here today. My parents were killed early on in the  apocalypse." Ansel gets up and goes downstairs which leaves me alone with Mikey.

"But I think I have...." I stop. There's no away I'm telling Mikey about them.

I'm going to tell Carl first. "What?" Mikey asks quietly. "Nothing." I say.

*      *      *

At dinner time, I don't speak or eat. I digest a piece of meat but that's about all.

"I'm tired, I'm going to sleep." I push my chair out and climb the stairs to my room. I shut the door and open the window, crawling out.

I sit on the roof with the wind chilling me to the bone. I have to tell Carl. I HAVE too.

Behind me I hear the bedroom door swing open then shut, and someone following me to my spot on the roof.

"Lilac." Carl's hand envelopes mine and he hugs me to his side. "I know there's something you need to tell me." He whispers.

"R-Ron is my brother." I stammer. Carl looks at me frowning.

"My mum left my dad because of his abusive behaviour, which pretty much left me alone with him. Later on, Jessie met my dad and they had a......fling. Pete had broken up with her by then. So Ron, Sam and Jessie moved in with us, soon Jessie gave birth to Alec. So that meant they were all my step-brothers. I got quite close to Alec during that period of time and we became closer then step siblings." Carl looks pretty shocked to be honest.

"My mum and dad got back together, claiming that Alec was my mum's so no one would know about the affair. Jessie took Ron and Sam back to Pete and that was all I saw of them. Until now."

Ooooo, Ron and Sam is Lilac's step-brother and Jessie's her step-mum! So, tell me what you think of that twist and what do you think Rom will do if Lilac confronts him?? Comment all your predictions and remember to vote (⌒▽⌒) Love you guys!