Chapter 14

Apocalypse - Chapter 14

>LILAC'S POV<
I wake up to Carl shaking me. "Yeah?" I groan. "Lilac! Get the fuck up, there's walkers in the house!" Carl yells.

I see a shadow behind him, whoever they are their barricading the door. He's a boy out age with longish hair and nice eyes. He's got an athletic build, making it easier to block the door.

I scramble out of bed and push a dresser in front of the door that has walkers pushing on it.

"Go!" I whisper to Carl and the mystery boy. Carl pulls up the window as I grab as much equipment and we all clamber out.

The boy drops down from the roof and winces when he awkwardly lands on his ankle. Carl helps me down and clutches my hand.

We all run down the street and make our way to a barn. The boys clear it out while I keep guard.

"Lilac!" Carl calls. I barricade the door and go in. The boy builds a fire and quietly sits down in a tuck sit.

"Who are you?" I demand.

"Ansel Wentworth." He replies while still gazing into the fire. Carl explains the full story to me and I nod.

If he trusts this Ansel guy, I will too. "Hey, Ansel." I grab his attention.

I pull out my gun, showing it off to him. "If you hurt me or Carl, I'll put a bullet right through your brain. Are we clear?" Ansel nods.

He dozes off leaving me and Carl awake. I rest my head on his chest and he hugs me. I look up and kiss him. "I'm tired, goodnight." I whisper to him after he stops kissing me. "Goodnight Cheerio."

Carl's new nickname for Lilac is Cheerio ☺️ Comment what you think Lilac's nickname for Carl should be! Love you guys ❤️❤