Chapter 1

APOCALYPSE - CHAPTER 1
My head throbs and my lips ache from the cracks. The sun beams down on me making me sweat and pant. I've been on the run for over a month now. Me and my brother, Henry, took refuge at a smal camp just outside of Atlanta. But eventually it got overrun by walkers and the group living there were bit and they turned. I hold my brothers hand and run in the bush. I weave between trees and duck under branches. Three walkers stagger around ten metres behind me, groaning and craving human flesh. I pull out my knife and turn to my brother. "Stay right here!" I inform Henry. Then I charge towards the first walker, grabbing it by the shirt and stabbing the knife into it's head. The body on the floor slows down the others so I take the chance and grab my brother again. My chest heaves and I feel winded. My feet slam hard onto the uneven ground. Me and my brother exit the edge of the bush, when all of a sudden I see a tall, barbed-wired fence. A prison. I trip of over and slam onto the ground. I scream as my knife stabs into my leg, twisting and making excruiating pain. I hear my brother yell out and then gunfires. My head bangs onto the ground and black spots swim in my eyes. Then, a man comes over and carries me into the safety of the prison.