Chapter 17

~LILAC'S POV~
I huddle in the corner crying. I've never been so weak or beaten up. I'm tired and I'm smashed with bruises, but I pull on my black singlet to cover up the bruises and cuts on my stomach.

Midday, I hear gunfire and people yelling. I make out someone's rough voice shouting instructions, and immediately realise who it is. Rick.

A spark of hope rises up in me and I try to get up. A jolt of pain goes through me and I cry out, crashing to the ground.

"Is she in there?" Rick's voice is outside of the dingy room.

The door swings open and Carl burst in. Fear floods his face when he sees me in the corner with my bruises and cuts.

"Oh my god, Lilac!" He runs forward and wraps an arm around my shoulder supporting me.

We both run out after Rick who shoots two Terminus workers. Outside, the sunlight hurts my eyes and groans from nearby walkers fill my ears.

I see Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Sasha and Ansel. Others are clambering over the fence trying to get away.

Carl boosts me over the rattling fence and we all run off into the distance.

That night we all stay in a small barn. Carl cradles me and I shiver in his as. I can't stop thinking about what Eric did to me and it scares me shitless.

Rick looks at us and softly smiles. I explain the story of after the prison and how we found Ansel. The new people are Abraham, Rosita, Tara and Eugene who's a scientist.

Tara turns out was on the Governor's side, which annoys me a little but I shrug it off.

A storm brews outside making it more comforting to be sitting in Carl's arms. Everyone's asleep apart from us. "What happened?" He whispers.

A tear leaks down my cheek as I tell him the story. He looks angry. as if he wants revenge. But he softens up and puts his hand on my cheek.

"It's okay, Lilac. Your safe now." He grazes his nose against mine and whispers one more thing. "I love you."

Sorry if this is a little boring My next chapter will be around them arriving at Alexandria. If you want any certain characters to be in the story (Like Ron, Mikey, Enid, Jessie, etc) just tell me in the comments!

Starting QOTD from now on! From those who didn't know, it stands for Question of the Day (^∇^)

QOTD: Carl or Chandler?
AOTD: I personally like Chan more! Like Carl's a badass and he's swoon asf, but I love Chandler with all my heart so 👽