Happy New Year!

~I probably should have done this around New year but I couldn't help myself. Modern AU! Rosethorn and Grimhilda aren't mine! I don't know their tumblrs I'm sorry (Rosethorn and Grimhilda are not my characters)~

It is new years eve. Hiccup and Astrid are getting everything ready for their friends that are coming over soon. The door bell rings.

"Hey guys" Hiccup greets his guests.  Ruffnut, Snotlout, Tuffnut and Grimhilda walked in all saying 'hey' in their own way. Ruffnut and Snotlout sat on their love seat, Snotlout putting his arm around Ruffnut's shoulder. Tuffnut sat on a normal chair, Grimhilda sitting on his lap.

"Hey," Astrid said coming from the kitchen, "how are you guys doing?"

"We're great" Ruffnut said cuddling up to Snotlout.

"Good to hear." She put a tray of snacks on the coffee table. Tuffnut licked his lips. He reached for the cheese Grimhilda smacked his hand.

"Wait for Rose and Legs."

"Fine." He rubbed his hand.

"Speaking of Rose and Legs, where are they?" Astrid put her hand on her hip.

"I don't know," Hiccup checked his phone, "They should be here by now." As he finished his sentence the door bell rang. "That'd be them." He went and opened the door, just like he said it was Rosethorn and Fishlegs.

"Hey Hiccup!" Rosethorn gave Hiccup a big hug.

"Hey Rose, Fishlegs." Hiccup was released then a basket was handed to him. The basket contained a large bottle of red wine, boxes of chocolate, some nice flowers, and a note. "Thanks guys, you didn't have to."

"It was no problem at all, right Legs?"

"Yea, we were glad to get it for you guys."

"Thanks again, Astrid will love this. Come in, come in." Hiccup motioned for them to come in. The two new guests greeted everyone and sat down on the long couch. Hiccup set down the basket on the kitchen counter and opened the bottle of wine. He poured a glass, "Does anyone want some wine?"

"Two over here." Tuffnut said.

"Us too." Snotlout said.

"You want one Astrid?"

"Yes please. What about you Rose? Fishlegs?" Astrid asked the newly arrived couple.

"I'll be fine." Fishlegs said.

"I won't need any."  Rosethorn declined.

"Ok so, 6 glasses."

"Got it." Hiccup poured the glasses slowly passing them out. He picked up his glass, walking to the end of the couch and sitting next to Astrid. "So how have you guys been? What's up?"

"Well, Rose and I recently got a Saint Bernard. Her name is Meatlug."

"Cute~" Astrid said sweetly.

The group caught up, talking about how their jobs are going and possible future plans. Nothing too serious though mostly vacation plans. The night carried on games were played an a fight almost broke out between Tuffnut and Snotlout. They might have had one too many drinks. Their girls broke it up having to promise some unmentionable things when they get home. The clock was ticking closer and closer to 12 o'clock. Astrid turned on the TV.

"The count down is about to start guys!" Astrid smiled.

"You ready for midnight?" Tuffnut said rubbing Grimhilda's arm.

"You know it."

"OO~ The count down is starting!" Rosethorn squealed. The group started to count down.

"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! 0! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" The group yelled turning to their partners. Tuffnut and Grimhilda's kiss was sloppy and long. Most likely from Tuffnut being extremely drunk. Snotlout was about to attack Ruffnut but she grabbed his face making sure he was some what tame. Rosethorn and Fishlegs' kiss was sweet not short but not very long. Hiccup and Astrid took their time. Hiccup caressed her cheek smiling, she smiled back.  He leaned in close and kissed her, she wrapped her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. They separated and cuddled close.

~Hey guys! Quick reminder that you guys can comment and request a prompt and I'll write something having to do with it. I'll write it as soon as possible. See ya in the next chapter (maybe influenced by you)!~

                                                                  -Android223