Note On Your Dragon

It's early in the morning Hiccup runs to Stormfly holding a note. He pierces the note onto one of Stormfly's many head spikes. He pets her saying, "Make sure Astrid reads this." Stormfly gives a low humming noise as response. Hiccup runs to Toothless and flies off.

Astrid yawns and gets up doing her normal morning stretches. As soon as she gets her shoulder pads on and pulls on her boots she heads outside to give Stormfly her normal morning meal. When she pulls her dragons fish basket into the stall she notices something on one of her spikes.

"What's this girl?" Astrid asked grabbing the piece of paper, Stormfly coos.

Good morning m'lady, hope you slept well. I have organized something I know you'll enjoy. Head south off the island. You will see a small island, flat and green. Absolutely beautiful. You'll find me there. Love, Hiccup

"Did you see this?" She shakes the note at Stormfly. "Let's get goin' girl" They take off headed south just like the note said. Seeing the island they started to slow down. When they landed they were greeted by an excited Night Fury. "Hey Toothless, where's Hiccup?" Toothless gladly showed the girls the way. Astrid started to look around as they walked to where ever Toothless was leading them and didn't see much this island just a few trees and bushes, it's practically a plateau. Soon you came up to a cliff where Hiccup was sitting. Toothless made a playful howl notifying that he was back. Hiccup turned around.

"Hey, you made it." Hiccup stood up and hugged Astrid.

"Yea, so what's up? Why did you want me to come out here?"

"Well," Hiccup grabbed her hands walking back to the cliff where he was sitting. There was a blanket on the ground and a few plates and mugs. "I decided it was about time we had some alone time. You know, just you and me,  the silence of nature, and a good meal."

"This is wonderful, but where's the food?"

"Right over here." He whistled, right after Toothless came from behind a tree and placed a basket onto the blanket.

"Hiccup." Astrid hugged him. "This is so sweet." Hiccup hugged her back.

"Take a seat and dig in, I have a great day planned." They both sat down Hiccup pouring water into both of their mugs, the mead came later. Next he placed a sandwich onto both of their plates.

"How did you have time for all this?" Astrid asked taking a bite of her sandwich.

"A lot of planning ahead." Hiccup laughed.

"So tell me," Astrid took a swig of water, "What do you have planned?"

"That's a surprise." He was half way done with his sandwich. They talked as they ate, mostly about the academy and what's next for training, but today was about pleasing Astrid not training schedules. When they finished Hiccup put the plates and cups in the basket.

"What's next?" Astrid asked egger to get to the next activity.

"Hop up on Stormfly and follow me." Hiccup said getting on Toothless.

They flew down to the base of the small island. There was a cave in the side that led to a small pond in the middle of the island. It was surprisingly light very well. Hiccup dismounts his dragon taking off his boot and rolled up his pant leg. The other was already high enough. As he walked towards the water Astrid asked. "It is so beautiful down here." She looked around the cavern.

"Come on put your feet in the water. It's really nice." He smiled watching Astrid take off her boots and roll up her pants. As she put her feet into the water the ceiling started to sparkle.

"Whoa." Astrid looked up in awe.

"Beautiful isn't it." Hiccup walked up to Astrid with a huge smile on his face.

"It's amazing." She felt a pair of arms wrapped around her from behind. She smiled.s

"It's not as beautiful or amazing as you though." Hiccup held her close.

"Heh, thank you." She turned her head, brushing noses with her boyfriend. They blush, smiling at each other. She kissed him lovingly holding onto his hands that were wrapped around her waist. When she stopped a large blush had crawled across Hiccup's face, she giggled at his cherry red face.

"I guess I'm still not use to that all the way." He nervously chuckled.

"It's ok." She gave him a quick smooch. "You will. Now," Astrid got out of Hiccups hug, "Look out."

"What?" Hiccup asked.

"Stormfly spine shot!" Astrid yelled pointing to the water. Stormfly shot her spines into the water right where Astrid pointed making water splash up into Hiccups face.

"Aw come on!" Hiccup wiped water off of his face. "It's gonna be like that is it? Toothless plasma blast!" Toothless shot a plasma blast into the water making even more water splash Astrid.

"Hey no far!"

"What? You splashed me first."

"Let's finish this." She says splashing Hiccup herself.  They start to splash each other, soon enough the dragons join in scooping up water in their wings and dropping it on their riders. They both screamed.

"Stormfly!"

"Toothless!" The dragons huffed a laugh and continued playing in the water. Astrid wiped her wet bangs out of her face only to see her boyfriend pick her up.

"Hiccup!" She squealed.

"Never." He laughed

"Put me down!"

"As you wish." He said dropping her into the water laughing playfully. "You said to drop you."

"Come here." She pulled his prosthetic leg making him fall.

"Aw come on." He brushes his bangs out of his eyes.

"That looks good on you." She puts his bangs back. They laugh getting up out of the water. The dragon hop out as well shaking off the water from their scales.

"You ready for the next surprise?" Hiccup asked putting his boot back on.

"How could it get better?" Astrid asked putting her boots back on and rolled back her pants.

"Trust me it will." He settled himself into Toothless' saddle getting ready to exit the cavern. They both exit going back to the blanket that Hiccup left behind. As soon as they landed Hiccup jumped off Toothless and whispered to him "Go get some wood k bud." The Night Fury flew off to gather some fire wood. Hiccup sits down  on the blanket and motioned Astrid to sit down, she obliges. He puts his arm around her pulling her close.

"It's so nice here. How did you find it?" Astrid asked putting her head on his shoulder.

"You know me always exploring." Toothless comes back with a good pile of fire wood and places it front of their blanket. "Thanks bud. Light it up for us?" He blasts it and lays down behind the blanket. The fire was burning hot helping their clothes dry faster. Hiccup laid down on his back letting out a sigh putting his hands under his head. Astrid smiled laying next to Hiccup putting her arm around his torso.

"This was a great day."

"I agree. It's nice to get out of the village and you know just be alone together."

"We definitely should do this more often."

"And again, I agree." He chuckled closing his eyes.

"Don't fall asleep on me now." Astrid said pulling herself up to his face, laying more on him now.

"Why not?" Hiccup asked opening one eye.

"You're going to miss the sunset."

"It's nothing to miss. I already see something more beautiful everyday."

Astrid smiled. "You're so cheesy." She kissed him scooting behind him putting his head onto her lap. and started to braid his hair.

"Don't tug too hard, ok?" He closed his eye again.

"Don't worry, I won't" Not long after she finished braiding his hair a light snore could be heard. 'He really fell asleep.'  She sighed. 'Today has to be the best day in my life so far.'