The Big City

After driving down to the big city from my hometown an hour or so had passed before we could reach the mega craft store. I pull out my plans I had made with the house wondering if I should take the house in with me. I shake my head mentally so that I don’t make the two riding on my shoulders fall. They were holding onto small braids I had made earlier. My thick hair should easily hide them from curious eyes. Haven rested on my head like always when I came here. The amazing thing about this store was that this place was where my Aunty was the boss of the store so she would always let me take Haven or Shadow with me, because she knew that they would behave themselves and not harm or annoy other customers.

The large mass of doors opened as I entered the store, I snatch a small craft cart, and walk down the first isle. I could hear awe’s of wonder escaping from the girl on my right shoulder, and a ‘Hn’ from my left.

Haven at down on the wire edge of the cart, I picked up my fast walk just a little looking down the aisles trying to find the dollhouse furniture and such. I found the houses I spun the cart down this aisle. My eyes scanning the material, they shimmered when I found the shingles. I did the math inside my head on the number it would need to take for the roof. I dropped the 4 bags of shingles into the cart. I found the lace curtains.

“Sorry I’m not getting everything based on you guys. I might when you guys leave turn it into the exact replica of what it was when my house was first built because its a replica of my home etc. So the main floor will look like it was when it was built for the living room and utility room. Otherwise the rest is for you guys to decide what it looks like.” I commented quietly.

“Hn,” Uchiha whispered.

I rolled my eyes at his response, I turned into the next isle Konan pointed to the rugs and carpets that the other guys would like. I compare prices and coupons I had cut out. Placing the cheaper products into the cart. I found a knet little iron stove that would look so nice in the kitchen even if the kitchen wasn’t going to really work. But I would try to make it do so. It would be my greatest challenge but I had accepted the challenge and there is no turning back now.

I shifted slowly to the next aisle looking at the furniture, Konan tugged gently at my braid. I glanced down at her as she pointed to the nice black bed set, it was made with black wire and fine mahogany bed frame. I picked it up gently it moved gently around in its little plastic package. I brought it up closer to my eyes noticing the high price tag I pulled my cellphone out of my pocket taking picture after picture at different angles. She frowned when I had to set it back down.

“I’ll make you an even better bed set than that for half that cost.” I reassured.

“Its okay, I just liked the mahogany bed frame the most. I just wanted the bed frame,” She nodded

I pulled out the paint that the rooms would be and then made my way to the fabrics. I had to make a large quilt for my mother’s silent auction. I find my Aunt talking to the manager before she even noticed me. Haven had went in search of a material I had sent her out for. She had returned with the nicely made fabric roll I checked the price tag before setting it down in the cart.

“Raven what brings you out here?” My Aunt smiled.

“Oh I had to buy dollhouse stuff, and then I’m gonna make a quilt for mom’s silent auction at her work.” I smiled back

“You were always the good girl now weren’t you,” she laughed, “so I wondered if you wanted to get a job here, since you know where everything is and all. It would start out 7.50 an hour.” She added with an elbow movement

“I don’t know Aunty, I got that job with the Goats for this summer--- So I’m unsure, I’m also thinking of graduating college early too, so that means I’d be going to school during the summer as well.” I frowned