Chapter 9

"Are you sure you're alright?" Eren asked you, his tone full of worry.

You reach for his hand and squeeze it reassuringly and smiled, "I'll be alright- just a little tired I guess."

You looked around the inside of the carriage. It was just you and Eren inside. Mikasa and Armin were sent back with the rest of their class and would hopefully be joining us within the next 6 months. Levi and the others were on their horses, flanking the carriage.

You raise your other hand up to his bruised face and say, "I'm the one who should be asking you-"

"Why did you say that?" He interrupted you.

You were taken aback by this question, "Because I'm worried about how Levi-"

"No- not that. I mean- I mean why did you want to go with the Military Police?"

You hesitated opening your mouth to answer but nothing seemed to come out.

Eren looked not only worried but emotionally hurt- offended almost, "You thought I couldn't take the experiments-"

"NO!" You half shouted, "You are one of the strongest and bravest people I know."

"Then why?" He asked you.

"Because. Because I'm a coward," Was all you said.

"You're not-"

"Yes I am, Eren!" You shouted, tears threatening to spill, "I'm a coward that can't even look people in the eye without being ashamed. I'm a coward for being selfish and not wanting to use my 'power' for good."

"(F/N)... I would never consider you to be a coward, you are perfect just the way you are," Eren said softly as he stared at me with a hint of anxiousness in his eyes.

He scooted closer to you then, and started to slowly lean in. You moved closer to him ever so slightly and when your lips were less than a centimeter away-

The carriage door flung open, "Come on brats, we're here."

You and Eren sprung apart as fast as you could. Shock flickered in both of your eyes, you could almost hear Eren heart bursting from within his chest- unless it was your heart.

Levi stared at both of you for a second. He didn't look suspicious just grumpy- what else is new?

Eren let you climb out first and he jumped down right behind you. His jaw dropped as he saw the building.

"Whoa," he said.

You smiled at him, "Welcome to the Scout headquarters."

Eren's face immediately lit up with fascination and pure joy, "This is so cool!"

"You like it?" Petra said from behind you.

Eren and you both whirled to see the rest of your team standing there- almost as if nothing has changed.

"(F/N)!!!!" you heard a voice say from behind you- but before you could turn around, you were already lifted from the ground and being spun in circles.

"WhooOoAAAaaa," you said very surprised.

"Oh (F/N), I missed you so much!" You could tell it was Hanji.

"Hanji, YYoouu caAAnn put me DDown now," you said half shouting.

Hanji set you down and said, "Now we get to do experiments together! YAY!"

As you regained your balance you asked, "Experiments?"

"Oh," Hanji said waving her hand in a dismissing motion, "Nothing serious, just some basic 'tests', if you will."