**Chapter 7**

*  *  *
"Everyone assemble!" I shouted, "It's time to move out."

Everyone formed an arrow head shape, with me at the front. I raised my hand to my neck clutched the gold locket and took a deep breath.

"At the green smoke, we start!" I shouted.

I saw Eren in the distance further down the perimeter of the wall. I felt my heart go a flutter at the sight of him. His rich brown hair blew in the wind and his clothes accentuated every curve of the muscular arms.

I looked past him and onto the village. The mission didn't seem to be going well at first, it was all red smoke. I looked around and saw Hanji and Petra standing on the sidelines, they both gave me a thumbs up but I could see past the fake smiles...

Levi's team was more of a last resort, if all else fails then they will be brought onto the field. I won't let that happen.

Green smoke suddenly tore through the sky and everyone took off.

Once we reach your departure point, It was Eren was the first to jump into the action.

I followed him -as did my team. Grapples flew everywhere and the sound of cables whizzed past my ears as I stared at Eren plummeting towards the earth.

I was the last to take my spot on top of a roof before there was a loud crash and a flash of light -almost as if lightning had struck the earth. Dust and smoke filled the air as I crouched for cover.

I didn't really know what to expect from Eren or his 'Titan-form'. Until I saw him. He rose up from the dirt filled air and started moving towards the wall. 

I could just stare. I don't know how his Titan form surprised me so. It was pretty self explanatory...the person I loved has the ability to transform into something I hated the most in this world.

"Go, go, GO!" I shout. The sound of 3d maneuver gear piped up again and I was off the ground in a heartbeat.

I was the first to kill a titan. I could just sense everyone trying to keep up with me, but I blasted through every titan that showed itself...but I found myself getting distracted by Eren. I would stare at him and temporarily lose my sense of balance.

"AAHHH!" A blood curdling scream came from behind.

I whipped around to see one of my squad members in the hands of a titan. His arms were pinned under the titan hand as he was thrown up into the air.

I reacted, without even thinking I was already headed for the beast who threatened to eat my team. Within seconds I was in front of the titan, firing another grapple up between the titan's hand and the cadet.

Oh crap, I thought.

I came whizzing past the titan's hand and grabbed the recruit, falling on the nearest roof, away from the titan.

On our painful contact with the shingles, the man landed on his belt, causing most -if not all- of his signals shooting into the air. Indicating that we need help.

I stood and grabbed my team member by the front of his shirt, "Be more careful or next time you won't be so lucky," I said, sharply.

He nodded, his eyes still glazed with fear.

I sighed, Levi and the other's will probably be about half-way here by now. Thanks to this guy...

I took off from the roof, leaving the man in the dust- he's of no more use in this fight. He's too shaken up.

"(F/N)!!" I heard a familiar voice call out.

I turned to see Levi flying through the air, his face full of worry as the two of us made eye contact.