Chapter 11

Out of the corner of your eye- you see Eren raise his hand to his mouth. You fling out your arm and grab his wrist, "Eren don't-"

"Don't? What else are we supposed to do right now?!" Eren half shouts back at you.

"(F/N) is right, Eren. Our job is to protect the two of you and that's what we're gonna do," Eld said, grimly.

It took a second for Eld's words to sink in, "What do you mean?" you finally say as the rest of them ready to assemble, "You aren't going to fight her are you?!"

"What other choice do we have?" Petra said shakily.

"The other choice is to have all of us keep riding until someone else takes her out!" you exclaim.

"You know that's not an option right now, (F/N), " Oulo says kind of quietly.

"Then we'll help you," Eren said eagerly.

"No," Petra said, "You have to trust us."

Those words hit home for you and Eren because you both just remained silent as you nod in agreement. The next thing you know the sound of grapples go off and Petra, Eld and Oulo were gone just like that. You heard the sound of metal on metal- but you refused to look back. Eren was gaping and awing in amazement.

You shake your head in frustration- you were apart their team! You should be fighting with them- alongside your fellow soldiers. It wasn't a matter of trust or distrust or feeling left out. You had a duty to fulfill. But what are you doing? You're on a horse, running away...

Annoyance and guilt get the best of you and you draw your swords- and start grappling trees. It feels as though you are flung from your horse, Blackberry, and begin to 'fly'. You regained your balance and start making your way back towards your team.

You could vaguely hear the exasperated call of Eren's voice behind you as he screamed your name but you couldn't hear him over the sound of wind piercing your ears.

Oh- how you've longed to use your 3DMG again- it felt as though you haven't been on a mission in months- years even.

As you closed in on the female titan...you could see that Petra and Eld were attacking together but they seemed to be ineffective. 'Where is Oulo?' you ask yourself. And as if in answer, that's when you saw him- mangled and dismembered on a bed of blood on green forest below you.

You stared at him- numbness seemed to spread through your whole body as you limply hung from your 3DMG...'Oulo...is dead.' You suddenly looked up and saw Eld being flung across the forest- only guessing his fate, you look away. Then you started moving again- it felt as though you had no control- your arms and legs seemed to operate by themselves as you started up your grapple device and began moving- not towards the female titan- but towards Petra.

Petra...your one and only friend- through thick and thin she was the one who helped you. She was the one...

Trees flew past you. Branches scratched your hands and face. It was as though your vision had tunneled as you screamed Petra's name- and to your surprise, she turned and looked at you straight in the eyes and...and smiled.

Your heart contracted a little as she closed her eyes and mouthed something to you- words...'Thank you-" Then. She was gone. The titan swatted her- like a pesky gnat that wouldn't leave her alone.

You were in front of the female titan before Petra had fallen to the ground completely. Sparks flew everywhere as you sliced the titan exposed crystallized muscles.

You could hear a little voice in the back of your mind screaming, 'Shift! You can't defeat her with a sword- you have to shift!'

But-even before you could consider this notion the titan swung her left forearm at you, hitting you square in the chest- sending you flying backwards as you heard a loud crunch inside your body. You flew up and through the trees in slow motion as you wondered if the sound was from the sound of broken ribs or your heart that finally broke...

"(Y/N)!" you heard someone call.

You looked down and saw that it was Eren- he was trying to tell you something. That's when you realized that it was no conscience telling you to change- it was Eren. Eren...he was all you had left now that Petra was gone. But it was too late now. You were plummeting to your inevitable death and your beloved Eren would be forced to watch.

"I love you!" He screamed-

Everything seemed to play in regular time when you lost eye contact with Eren. You impacted with something hard- sending leaves to fly upwards in a fiery of red and green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload! School can take up a lot of time...excuses excuses... Anyways I'm uploading another chapter right after this one to make up for my absence. Next chapter will feature a ~Eren POV~ ooo! Sorry for all of the cliffhangers...it's just how I roll lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I hope that this story is intriguing at least one person...let me know if you are in the comments below. Feel free to leave a vote! It would be much appreciated and make sure to check out my new Fanfiction about Ciel Phantomhive :) thanks again!