17- Tough Mornings

June 3

Spencer

I woke up still in Jacks room. Instead of Jack being next to me, his voice was booming from downstairs. I quietly stood up, and tiptoed to the door. Creaking it open, I had a perfect view of the action.

Who I am assuming is Mrs.Gilinsky, is yelling at Jack for a reason still unknown to me.

"Why do you come in without knocking anyways?" Jack threw his hands in the air.

"She needs to leave." Her mother yelled. Jack shushed her. Me? Are they talking about me?

"We were at the hospital all night and she needed sleep! What was I supposed to do? Take her home? It was past two in the morning!" Jack ran his hand through his hair. He looked towards the door, and I shut it.

Once I heard his mothers voice, I opened it again. "Why was she wearing your clothes? Why were you at the hospital?" His mother stressed.

"First of all, they aren't my clothes. They are Jacks. After prom, we all went to his house and swam. All she had to change into was her dress, so she borrowed his clothes. I was at the hospital because Steph tried to commit suicide. Now shut the hell up before she wakes up." He seethed. My heart sped up, never seeing Jack this angry.

"Get that slut out of the house." I wiped a tear from my cheek. I grabbed my phone and fully opened the door. Both of their heads snapped in my direction.

"Spencer." Jack ran towards me. I pulled away from him and glanced at his mother. "See mom. You woke her. You try to decide everything for me, and I hate you for it. She needs me and now she doesn't even want to look at me because of you." Jack yelled at his mother.

"Thanks for letting me sleep here. I'm going to go home. I'll call you when I get there." I awkwardly walked out the door, barefoot and in dirty clothes.

I could still hear yelling from the bottom of the driveway, and flinched when I heard glass break. I quickened my pace and walked in a random direction. I think I know where I am going, but I am not completely sure. This is the first time I've been to Gilinsky's house, and he drove.

As I walk, I think about everything I've screwed up recently. I am such a home wrecker. Steph and Jack, Jack and his mom, Sammy and I. I haven't even heard from him, but I can tell he is mad at me. No matter the reason, I'm sure the reason is legit considering I've been a bitch and a slut the past few weeks. I guess that I was just trying to fit in, but now that I have I need to chill.

I finally see all of the damage I've done, so hopefully I can make amends with everyone I've hurt. Starting with Steph.

I proceed make my way home. My phone keeps buzzing in my hand, but I don't even feel like looking at it.

--

I finally get inside, and I run up the stairs. I smell like shit, so I hop in the shower. The warm water washes away some of my stress. Afterwards, I wrap myself in a towel and stalk off toward my bedroom again. Jenna is at work, and Shawn is probabaly still at the hospital, or with Emma.

I grab my bra and underwear, as well as a pair of high waisted shorts and a crop top that looked more like a sports bra than anything. I put everything on, then brushed out my hair. I blow dried it, and curled it in loose waves.

To finish everything off, I did my makeup which took the most time out of everything. Yes, my makeup is usually a lot, but I don't think I look good without it. I feel so much better about myself when I wear it, no matter how much is caked on my face. Just because I wear a lot of make up doesn't mean I am a 'slut' or a 'bitch' as everyone stereotypes. How does makeup make you those things? I don't get it.