Discovery

Mimi POV
"Look here," Bonnie started, "I ain't finna keep watchin' yall's kids every weekend cuz y'all wanna be freaky. This the last time for a while."

"Thanks Bon, we really appreciate your understanding." Aug say sarcastically.

We walk out the door and to Aug's car. Little did Bon know, it was only a date night. We were tired of quickies during the week and long sex on the weekends. That got played out. Quick.

So tonight we just wanted to enjoy each other.
~
"Where to Miss Lady?"

"Anywhere," I say. I don't want to go no where fancy. Hopefully he got that vibe.

A few minutes later, we pull up to a raggedy parking lot. The car was bumping and moving the whole time we were finding a spot.

Soon as he found one, we parked and got out the car in unison. He reach out for my hand.

"Hmm, it smell good."

The place had rock parking lot with all kinds of people standing outside. Talking and whatnot. The vibe seemt so chill.

Plus there was such satisfying odors of food. Chicken and spice especially.

"What is this place. I love it already."

"Xavier brought me here alot before I met you."

August didn't really like saying Teak's nick name anymore.

"The food was good and they have karaoke. We used to watch the girls go up and sing and girate all over the place."

I roll my eyes at him.
"I'm just playing babe."

"No ya not."

"Come one."

We entered the place.
~
"Aug I'm so full..."

"You sure you not pregnant?"

"I really think you been lowkey trying to impregnate me boy."

We laugh, "I ain't trynna impregnate. I'm trynna penetrate. I waited alotta time to get sexually active again. I have a right to fuck you anytime I feel like it."

"You know you sound like a defendant in a sex court case?"

"I bet I win'nat bitch."

"We'll see."

"Come on! Nobody wants to do a song. This is a karaoke based restaurant and y'all sitting around?" The announcer says.

I make eye contact with Aug.

"Don't even think about it Megan. I'm not-"

I grab his hand eagerly and say "It'll be fun come on."

He reluctantly follows me to the DJ to request a song.

"Alright how y'all doin tonight?"

"Good, we would like...uh...what song babe?"

"Trap Niggas by Future. You got that DJ man?" August says rudely and sarcastically.

"Noo! Uh, do you have Fallin by Alicia Keys."

"I don't know that song Mimi." August whispers.

"Boy quit lyin I play this song all the time."

"What's your names?" The DJ asks.

"August and Mimi."

"Last name?"
"Alsina!" August blurts out!

"Okay y'all settle down. We got August and Mimi Alsina in the house tonight. They coming forth as a married couple to do Fallin by Alicia Keys. Ain't that so sweet?"

"We're not-" I exclaim.

"Shh, it's alright."

The crowd claps and we grab the mics. August was so nervous I could feel his energy. But the lyrics came on screen and it was time.

August: "I keep on fallin, in and out of love..."

Mimi :"I keep on fallin, in-"

Oh my God.