Blessings

August POV
No lie the house was nice. Not as nice as my old one but still nice.

It felt homey. Like I could kick back and relax here. There was more carpet and less walls so I didn't feel secluded or isolated.

For a nigga just getting out of jail, that's a great feeling.

It had three bedrooms. One was all done up for a baby or two.
~
When Mimi fall asleep at ten o'clock, I get up and roam. My destination was the nursery Mimi had done.

The walls were a soft green. Decorated with Winnie the Pooh characters. It was so adorable.

There was two cribs, one pink, one blue. The way everything was set up, I could tell Bon had something to do with it.

Knowing she was up, I dial her number on the house phone Mimi had.

"Hello?"

"Wassup Bon."

"August! My dog, I forgot you got out boy!"

"How you gon forget about me g."

"I didn't. But how you doing?"

"I don't know yet. Overwhelmed really. I'm going somebody's father man... that's so crazy."

"Yeah ya girl really kept that from ya for a while."

"Good reason I hope?"

"You know it was a selfless gesture. I hope you not trippin on her."

"I'm trippin on alot of shit right now. Don't know where to put my focus."

"Well don't put it on the past Aug. Look forward. I know it's going to be some obvious issues ahead but don't let that blind you from the other stuff."

"What other stuff?"

"You know, your new house, your girl, your babies."

"Okay, you right."

"Bye Aug."

"Night."
~
"You're just gonna leave me in the bed all alone August Anthony?"

Mimi say wobbling over to my side. It was still weird seeing her belly poking out like this.

"I was coming back mama, don't worry about me."

I wrap my arm around her neck and she snuggle her head into my arm pit area.

"Who were you on the phone with?"

"Oh yeah, thanks for paying the phone bill by the way, but that was Bon. I was thanking her for everything."

"Yeah she's been great."

"God has been great.

"I'm so blessed right now."

"We're blessed right now."

"Hey Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we be blessed in the bedroom. My feet hurt and my eyes are forcefully open."

"Okay. Let's go. My first night in the regular world in nine months."

As we Walk side by side to the bedroom, she say, "Stay here too. We need you. With Aug there is no regular world."