At First Sight

August POV
I jolt up in a cold sweat and out of breath. I accidentally wake Mimi up.
"August?...what's wrong?"

She slightly lift up and feel my face, "Baby why are you sweating?"

I lay my head in her chest and she cradle it.
"I had a bad dream about me not being a good dad."

"Well, that's all it is. A bad dream. Nothing more."

"My mom said when people have dreams like that, it usually happens."

"I believe that. But I also believe dreams can be changed. You'll be fine August."

On April sixteenth, a week after that night, I was put to the test.

Mimi POV
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. I kept telling myself.
I was on my way to bed, when my water broke. August was in such a shock he stood there for at least a minute. Looking at the liquid.

"August! We have to go to the hospital. Don't just stand there."

"Okay, uhh..." He look around and think about what to do.

He run to the nursery to get the overnight bags we prepacked. I hear keys jingle. Then the door open. Then his footsteps back towards our room.

"Come on." August put his hand out to help me up. Step by step we walk to the car.

I was in so much pain all I could do was breathe and grip my clothing.

"August. Hurry up!"

"August it hurts!"

"Oh my gosh I can't do this."

"August! Please!"

"Go faster!"

He was driving the speed limit. I needed him to go above and beyond that.

"I'm trying, I don't wanna get a ticket."

I give him the dirtiest look. "I don't. Give. A damn. About no ticket! I have two babies in my fucking stomach ready to come out! Speed this car up right now!"

And he soon sped up...
~
"Okay. This may not be the best thing you've experienced, but for your babies, you have to toughen up." The doctor explained ad he propped my legs open and up.

That only made me nervous. I felt the twins moving around and down. Ready to come into the world.

I look over at August. He was just about as emotional as I was but there were no tears. Just anxiety, happiness and fear. I squeeze his hand for his and my comfort.
~
"Congrats Megan. You've delivered twins. Some women don't make it. Some babies don't make it but you-"

"To hell with that dog, can we see our kids." Aug interrupted the Indian doctor rudely, pointing to where Skylar and Xavier lay in the glass cradles.

They were wrapped up so nicely. I just wanted them in my arms.

"I am sorry Mister. Here you go."

He and the nurse pick my babies up. He hand Skylar to me and she hands Xavier to August.

At that moment, I wished Sheila or Bonnie or Teak, or someone would've been there to record this moment.

It was love at first sight. My whole life suddenly revolved around her. My every move and step I take would be for her. Nothing else mattered.

My heart filled with love love love. I imagined how overwhelmed with love I would be when I get to hold my second half.

"I love you." I say aloud.

"I love you too." August say.

I chuckle and look up for a second, "I was talking to her but I love you too baby."

-
Sorry for this not being exciting, lol I've never had a baby so I can't put all the stuff into words