Bringing Dreamland Back

Kirby's POV:

Well, we did it, or most of it, anyway. We killed the Solar and stopped the Darkness. Now all we've got to do is fix Dreamland and get rid of all the Dark Matter. I'll be so happy when we've finished all of that... I'm looking forward to eating my way through Kawasaki's menu a few times, and then going home to my house, kicking Tokkori out, and sleeping for a few weeks straight, enjoying sweet, happy, food-filled dreams again. If Tokkori won't get out of my house, I'll just sleep in my tree, or maybe I'll sleep in Meta Knight's secret library instead. Anywhere's good, really, as long as I can sleep.

Mmmm... I can't decide which sounds more amazing right now, a ton of food or a ton of sleep. Either way, I'd better stop thinking about it so hard. Now my stomach's rumbling and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. Dozing off now would not be very smart of me, since I'd still have bad dreams, since we still haven't fixed the Fountain of Dreams. Hopefully we can find a way to do that... Otherwise we'll still all be on our way to being deaded, even now that Solar's gone for good. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be so optimistic, but I kinda just have this sixth sense when it comes to badguys. Solar's not gonna be coming back again. 

Of course, sometimes my sixth sense is faulty... There was the whole Meta Knight NOT stealing my cake and actually trying to protect the universe from an evil dude who had somehow ended up in a red wooden box incident, and the whole thing where I went and fixed the Star Rod, only to accidentally summon Nightmare to Popstar when I did that, (although it would've been nice if Dedede had just told me what he had busted the Star Rod for, and I still don't know why he wanted to keep Nightmare away when he later started buying monsters from him), and I guess I shouldn't forget, either, about the time that Magolor ended up not being my friend after all (temporarily, anyway), or the time Marx duped me into helping him become a creepy monster guy by wishing on the stars through NOVA, or that time when Nightmare came back this last summer after I thought I'd deaded him already.

Okay, so maybe it's not so reassuring coming from me and my horrible sixth sense track record, but I'm completely and totally sure that Solar won't be coming back. He's deaded, once and for all, and it's about time, too... Creepy badguys who hang around for hundreds of years are one of the worst kinds of badguys.

Random thought, though... What's NOVA stand for? 'Not an Obvious Villain Aid?' I dunno. Anyway... Moving on. Back to what's actually going on right now, here in Tick-Tock Clock.

"Finally," Bandana sighs as he locates his missing spear, our last missing weapon, about half a mile from the part of town we fought the Darkness in, sticking out of a frayed, faded old awning in front of a brick building. "Well, we've found everyone's everything, right? Time to head back to the Starcutter, and then off to Castle Dedede and the Star Warrior's Garden?"

Swinging his wrench around happily, glad to have relocated it, Magolor agrees cheerfully, "Yup. Hard part's over, all. Smooth sailing from here. Almost time to party- which we totally should, you know. Party, I mean. A big enough quest like this certainly deserves a party to celebrate the fact that we all- I mean, almost all... survived... Aw, dangit, now I almost don't want to party. It's hard to party when someone's deaded, y'know? And I was gonna suggest we make it a nacho and ice cream sundae party, too. Those are the best kinds of parties. Maybe even throw in a potato bar, or-" 

Meta Knight ducks as Magolor almost hits him in the mask with his wrench, still swinging it around aimlessly. "Shut up, please, Magolor. You may have a 'party' if you wish, which apparently only involves devouring unreasonable quantities of food, but when this is over, I will be returning to business as usual."

Magolor gives him a disbelieving glance. "You're not actually going to be building yet another Halberd, are you?"

Meta Knight looks at him as if it should be obvious. "How else am I supposed to resume my regular patrols of Dreamland? Someone has to keep an eye on all the air-headed idiots of this planet and make sure they don't seriously injure themselves."