Explanations Are Always so Much Fun

Meta Knight's POV:

Have you ever had a time, where even though your world seems to be falling apart around you, you are able find a precious moment of calm and peace where you can convince yourself that everything will be all right in the end, not unlike the eye of a storm? And yet, just like the eye of a storm, it turns out to only be temporary...

Well, whether you have or you haven't, that 'eye of the storm' sensation is something like what I am currently experiencing.

Of course I remembered that the Comet Observatory is beautiful, and of course I noticed that it was beautiful yet again when I arrived here yesterday. But now, in this moment when there is nothing I have to be doing, so I can just stand on top of the spaceship and look at all the stars around us, many of which seem close enough to touch, it becomes glaringly obvious that this is quite possibly one of the most beautiful places in the whole Galaxy.

The past day has been exhausting, but not terribly unpleasant. Of course, Rosalina's crash course on how to efficiently defeat Dark Matter was not the happiest thing I have ever done, but neither was it the unhappiest. Kirby definitely did not enjoy himself, but yet, he seems all right. I only wish that a young child like him wouldn't have to be caught up in all of this- and yet, at the same time, it is good to have another here to bear the burden with me. And like always, Kirby is one of my very top choices of a warrior I would want to have at my side.

Speaking of Kirby, he is- I'm sure this will come as a great shock to you- in the Kitchen right now, enjoying a well-earned afternoon snack. Since I do not feel that hungry, I decided to use this break to enjoy the universe around me and clear my head.

After a couple of minutes, I suddenly feel the good Princess' presence exit the teleporter pad behind me. "I thought I'd find you up here," she comments with a quiet laugh as she walks over to stand beside me. "It seemed like where you'd be."

"Hm," I half-agree quietly, mostly absorbed in my own thoughts, but careful to remain polite. Thinking hard, I look up at the stars above us for awhile. "I do wish the others would get around to contacting us. I cannot help worrying that they've gotten into some sort of trouble."

Shaking her head, Rosalina chuckles quietly. "I'm absolutely sure that they've gotten into some sort of trouble, but I'm also sure that they've probably managed to get themselves out of trouble again. That's actually what I came to speak to you about- that is, if I'm not interrupting you too terribly."

Glancing over at her, I assure her, "Your presence is never an interruption, Your Highness. Please, go on."

Nodding once, she folds her hands in front of her and looks out at the stars like I was a second ago. "Sakura tried to contact us via Light magic, but I have a shield around the ship that blocks all magical interference, just for safety. Whenever you are ready to speak to the others, just go to the Engine Room. That's where the communication equipment is."

"Thank you, Your Highness," I nod at her, and immediately start in that direction, which makes her laugh for some reason.

She begins to follow me and asks right before I step onto the teleporter pad, "Well, that was an even quicker reaction than I was predicting. Are you really that worried about them?"

As soon as I've reappeared on the other side of the teleporter, I wait for her to catch up and then answer, "To tell the truth, yes. Anytime I leave anyone in the care of Magolor, I have a tendency to be rather worried about them. The fact that there is also a traitorous Elf in their party only makes things worse."

The Princess gives a quiet laugh and continues to follow me to the Engine Room. "You worry too much, my small warrior friend. Magolor is a far better ally than you give him credit for being, and no matter how far one falls into Darkness, there is always hope that they might come back, which you know better than most. Clerk might just turn out to be an asset to your team yet."