Thirty-Three

NASH

"Give it back

"Give it back."

"No."

         "C'mon, I gotta go."

         "Come get it."

         "Nina."

         She lifted a brow, tempting me. "Nash."

         Sunday morning I stood beside my bed at the Vacation Inn topless, trying to get my shirt back from my moody girlfriend who had it tight within her grasp. Nina was trying to get me to stay, and it was almost working to her advantage at the sight her lying naked tangled in the comforter with my shirt wrapped in her hands.

         But I wanted some pastries from Hye's.

         "I guess I could go like this." I gestured to myself. I was wearing jeans and shoes, and I did own the establishment, I could get away with the look. "If some girl comes along and starts feeling up on me, hey, that's on you."

         Nina slit her eyes and flung the shirt at my face. She turned over and covered up more. "Pendejo."

         Now she wanted to pout. I took and put my shirt on before leaning over Nina and tapping her arm. "Hey, come on, I'm just making a run to get some muffins."

         "You didn't invite me."

         God, she was cute when she was being a brat.

         "Because you said you didn't want to go anywhere this weekend. So you're staying here. You should get a massage. I'll be back for you, always. 'All I need in this life of sin....' "

         Nina turned and gave me a small smile. " 'Down to ride 'til the very end....' "

         When I went to kiss her she held my face in her hands and kissed me gently, too sweet and pure to deepen and go there. Making love to her for the first time had felt like a pleasure like no other. It was like making a promise and a vow as we joined our bodies together and we swore we loved each other. The whole thing had been overwhelming, causing my chest to swell it felt like.

         It was beyond unanimous, I loved her, and it was in itself, an entity and force to be reckoned with.

         I pulled away from her and looked into her chocolate brown eyes. "I love you."

         She smiled. "I love you, too."

         There was no more protest as I gathered my keys and headed out to my car. Country had been playing for Nina's benefit, but with her back up in the suite, I was quick to switch to my favorite hip-hop/rap station, settling on one of my favorite Lil' Wayne records before taking off for Hye's.