Twelve

NINA

I felt stupid

I felt stupid.

         No, I felt incredibly stupid.

The first thing I did upon stepping out into the hall was punch a locker, hard. If only it were Nash's stupid face.

Stupid!

Beneath that gorgeous Korean exterior was just another typical asshole, waiting to pounce and hurt.

I should've seen it coming. I knew better than to trust him for more reasons than one, and yet so foolishly I had. Worse, I let go with him and dropped barriers I'd had up since Luis hurt me.

I stopped at my locker, biting down hard on my lip to stop myself from blushing at the vivid memories of it all.

I'd never been kissed like that before, or touched. I could still remember lying in bed and Nash's fingertips dancing up my spine, back and forth, soothing me until I was asleep. The way he was with me was so new and novel, I couldn't help but relax after a while. I'd never experienced anything like it. Worse, before I could revel in it and rejoice, Nash was rejecting me.

I knew it couldn't go far. We were too different, but still. It just sucked.

Nash was no different than all the others. He saw what he wanted to see until he was done.

Stop thinking about it! I demanded of myself.

Yeah, like it would be that easy to wash the taste of him out of my mouth or the feel of him from my body. Even when I closed my eyes I could see that taunting grin, egging me on and begging for more. That and those stupid kissable lips of his. When he'd rejected me in class and grabbed my arms to stop me from hitting him, I felt it. The pull deep in my belly like a magnet. Of course I'd be stupid to think he felt it too or anything. He probably thought I was loca or something for trying to attack him.

Seriously, I was losing my mind over that one night. Thank God we hadn't gone any further than a few heated kisses.

Bentley sauntered over to me and before I could scowl at him he held up a hundred dollar bill between two fingers.

I snatched it from him. "A little late, don't you think?"

He smirked and held up another Franklin. "I'm stressing over the game, there's another hundred if we could meet again and an extra fifty if you do that thing you did."

I slit my eyes. "I'm not a prostitute."

Bentley chuckled. "Could've fooled me."

As if it couldn't get much worse, Nash passed us by; his eyes flickered to the money in my hand and between me and the boy who had given it to me. Briefly he shook his head in disappointment and stopped for a second, poised to come over, but then he caught himself and just kept going.