Chapter Eleven: In A Heartbeat

Delilah~

I hid behind a tree as Caleb got to my side.

"Mind telling me the plan princess?" He started to rub my shoulders with his hands. I could feel his chest touching my back.

"He is after me." I flinched as I saw a familiar face walk by. His one blue eye and brown eye kept staring ahead of him.

"Hmm...I see." Caleb followed my gaze.

"I suppose this is the famous Evan." He grunted.

Famous? Not really unless he wants to be caught being a mafia.

"I need to get to my apartment. There is something there that will help." I moved away from Caleb and sped walk.

"Evan is going to find you. I may be a doctor but seeing him says it all. That guy is more than meets the eye." Caleb chased after me.

I got near to my apartment and made sure Evan was gone. He seemed to be in a hurry so I don't think he'll be back.

I opened the door and entered inside.

"What a dump." I heard Caleb mumble under his breath.

Dump will be him once I get rid of him and all those who made me suffer.

"Not all have the luxury life princess." I mocked him.

He frowned and stood outside leaving me alone to find what I'm looking for.

Life taught me two lessons.

Live and die.

I was planning on living.

I went to my room and grabbed a small box from under the bed.

I felt a fire burn in me.

My life depended on it.

Derek~

"Have you seen her?" I pulled out a photo of Delilah.

"Sorry." The woman shrugged and walked off.

A whole day and still nothing.

How hard is to find a vampire?!

"Relax Derek we'll find her." Veronica assured me.

I do hope so.

All I needed was my mother. I didn't care what happened in the past or what she was, all that mattered was she was the woman who gave birth to me.

A man quickly walked passed us and I quickly got in front of him.

"Excuse me sir have you seen her?" I showed him the photo.

His eyes went round and turned dark.

"Why do you fucking need my wife for?! Where is she?!" His voice was venom.

"Wait what?" Veronica got to my side and grabbed my arm.

The man glances to the sides and pulls out a gun. Gold with diamond encrusted on the handle.