Chapter Three: Those Years

Derek~

I stared at the tombstone in front of me. It was old and cracked since its been standing for years. The words were fading and it was slowly disforming.

Only one question remains in my head.

How come I'm still alive?

I layed a red rose in front of the tombstone and watched in silence. Only the crowing of a crow kept me company.

"I miss you uncle." I whispered to the tombstone. "I'm all alone without you."

Five hundred years later and I still remained alone. My uncle died of old age and I never knew why.

I stared at my reflection in a puddle below my feet.

I seem not to age.

"Good bye. I'll come back again soon."

My heart always ached whenever I came to see my uncle.

I traced my fingers over the words on the tombstone. The only word I could make out was his name.

Samuel Adam Easton.

~~~~~~~~~

"Derek you're late!" I remembered my uncle always waking me up in the morning.

"Just five more minutes..." I would pull my sheets over my head.

I never been much of a morning person.

"It's late! Lily is waiting for us in the car! I'll be waiting for you outside."

I got off from bed and randomly got dressed.

I remembered the day when I was going to graduate.

This was my day.

I hurried downstairs to where Samuel was waiting for me.

"It takes you longer than a girl to get ready." He smirked playfully.

"Ha ha very funny. It didn't take me that long."

"Well hurry up we're late." He messed my hair and got in the car.

"Aren't you excited?" Lily smiled cheerfully for me.

"Sure 'am. Finally I can get away from that filthy school." I buckled my seatbelt. Lily drove the car as Samuel got in the passenger side.

"Why filthy son?" I could see her raise an eyebrow.

"Well what do you call a place where all the people make your days miserable?"

All my years in school I always have been judged. I don't know what was so different from me. I would get bullied and in fights. Most of the people mostly feared me and left me alone while others only talked behind my back. I never had friends and I always been the outcast.

"Well at least you're graduating. My baby boy has grown up." Lily's voice cracked and a tear slid out.

"Oh not this again". Samuel rolled his eyes.

All I could do was chuckle.

Lily always had been a mother for me ever since my mother died. They told me she died when she gave birth to me and my father died in a accident. I never knew much of them since Samuel and Lily would get sentimental at the memory of them whenever I asked about my parents.

"I'm sorry Derek its.. Its just that I remembered you when you were just a baby. It feels like days ago." She sobbed.

"Oh boy..." Samuel huffed.

Just a few more minutes til we arrived. Lily steered the car in a corner and stopped as a man walked towards the car.

"What the fuck he wants?! Can't he see he is slowing us down?!" Samuel was inpatient.

The man tapped on Lily's window for her to scroll down. The man was dressed in black and had a black hoodie covering his face.

"Careful." I layed a hand on her shoulder.

Something about that man screamed danger.

Lily slowly scrolled down the window.

"Did you forget something twenty-four years back?" I caught part of the man's lips smirk.

"What the heck do you want?'' Samuel crossed His arms on his chest.

"Nothing just wanted to say hi." The man waved and lowered his head.

"Good day Roadkill and Black Widow." The man walked off.

Lily gasped and Samuel stiffened.

"Roadkill and Black Widow?" I rose an eyebrow. "What did he mean twenty-four years back?"

Lily remained silent and Samuel whispered something in her ear.

"N-nothing. Oh look at the time! Hurry get out of the car and get inside." Lily jumped out of the car and Samuel quickly got to her side.

"He found us." I caught a single whisper from Samuel.

Ever since that day Lily and Samuel were always worried about something.

Their eyes held fear.

~~~~~~~~~

"Whatever happened back in those years I'll figure it out." I whispered to the tombstone in front of me.

"But first I need to know more about that past that I was locked from."

A light breeze made the atmosphere somewhat eerie.

Besides Samuel's tombstone stood another tomb in bad conditions like his.

Lily Walker.

I placed another rose and stood back.

The two people that I ever loved were dead.

"Whatever kept y'all in fear I'll find out." I promised. "I have a feeling my answer is alive somewhere out there."

A/N: Vote and comment hope y'all are enjoying it so far:)