Chapter 12

POV: Ally

I knew what was going to happen.

I smelled something burning...so I turned around, seeing it. Knowing the kart was going to blow. I didn't want Ian to be in it. I didn't want to hurt him. So, I did the only thing I could think of....run from him. Let myself get hurt.

I drove into the grass and unbuckled my seat belt. I tried running but only got three steps in before it blew, and I was overcame with pain. So much that I passed out, not able to find out what happened and if everyone is ok.

I hope I'm ok.

POV: Ian

"Is she ok?! They won't let me out of the bed!"

Anthony dragged a chair over and sat in it, gliding his fingers through his hair. That's what he does when he's worried, mess with his hair.

He finally looked up at me, "I don't know. She's in critical condition. She should be dead say the doctors that are watching her....do you think she knew what was going to happen?"

I nodded, "She had to, she had tears in her eye, she gasped...she even said sorry! She knew!"

"Why didn't she just say anything?! She should have just told us to run!"

"She knew we wouldn't have gotten out in time....she didn't want us to get hurt."

"That's dumb! Bullshit!" He stood up angrily, knocking the chair back.

"Anthony calm down." I tried standing up but fell back, the burns on my arms, legs, and back stopping me from doing so.

He dropped down to the ground, on his knees, cupping his face in his hands, "I just....I don't know what I would have done if I lost her....or..." He looked up at me, a halfhearted smile on his face, "My life partner." (If you guys don't know, that's what Anthony called Ian in the Smosh Movie. I literally did a fan girl scream at that part!😍😍😍)

I smiled and got out of the bed, dropping in front of him, despite the pain, "You'll never lose me (Another quote! What Ian said back to him after he said that!), not if I can help it."

He didn't say anything, just looked at the ground, unmoving.

I pulled him in for a hug, "No need for a panic attack. Mari, Matt, David, and I are here. Ally's strong. She won't give up. Don't worry."

I felt his breathing steady and he wrapped his arms around me, "You're right....I'm sorry. I'm just so fucking worried, confused, mad, and just..." He sighed and shook his head, "I don't know."

"I get it. You don't have to explain yourself. Just have hope. Ok?"

He pulled back and nodded, wiping away the stray tears on his face, "I'm going to go check on Ally...do you need help getting into the bed?"

I nodded. He stood up and pulled me up, letting me put my weight on him. We walked over to the bed and I dropped on it, pulling the covers back on me.

Anthony smiled and I smiled back, "Come back and tell me if she's ok....or awake yet."

He nodded and walked out the door, leaving me to fight the tiredness as long as I could. But, me being Ian, that didn't last too long.