Thirty-Three

Arch stopped by a green room. This room was amazingly scary. Dead bodies had been stuffed in this green container, and bunches and bunches of eggs were lying on the ground. Not only that, but a girl was squirming on the ground with black tape sapped on her lips and nylon rope tied behind her hands and legs.

"Ellie!" Arch gasped.

But she didn't seem to be paying attention to him because standing in front of her was a tall man. He was human and he was wearing dark glasses.

"What is it girlie? Someone's bothering you? An intruder you mean?"

The man turned to find a trembling Arch.

The man smiled, clearly showing his green teeth. "This is new."

"Leave her alone!" Arch protested. Then he realized how whiney and childish that sounded.

The man laughed. "You're like a little piece of clay. Cute but destructible."

The man held out his hand in a menacing way.
Arch began to lift off the ground.

What? He has telekinesis?

Arch felt a giant force throw him far into one the walls, nearly knocking one of the jelly containers. He had bumped his head on the hard surface and felt dizzy and nauseous. But he had to get up. Had to.

The man came up to another swig but Arch quickly jumped forward and popped out his hand first.

The man flew off the ground.

"Yes," Arch said, his fist still clenched.
"Stay there."

Then he swung his hand up toward the ceiling where the man was thrown off bumping with a crash and filling a hole in the ceiling. Then he fell down with a heart stopping thud. His head had cracked open, only revealing a yellow gooey filling. It was completely gruesome.

Arch went up to the fallen body. It was completely still..
"Aaahh!!"

The hand had grabbed on to Arch's leg, tripping him down. The monster crawled up on his body and held out its green claws, ready to swing.

But Arch, with the last of his strength filled reflex, kicked the ugly alien with his one good feet. The alien fell back and crashed on a group of eggs that lay on the floor. When the eggs cracked, a bunch of leeches creeped out and instantly began the meat munching job of eating the fallen creature.

"Noooooo!!!!!" The Zaragost cried, as it sinkers under a pool of leeches.

Arch limped to Ellie and snapped off the tape and untied the rope.

"Arch!" Ellie cried as she sprung up to hug him.

"They were about to tear up my body parts and shove them in-"

"It's okay," Arch said, not really inspired to to hear the story.

"You're with me now, and we should probably go. Once those leeches are done with him, they'll be looking be for dessert."

The two of them ran out out of the room and back into the alleyway where they found Damich, Emmer, and Chandler waiting for them.

"What took you so long?" Emmer asked.

Arch was wonder struck.
"Look who's talking. You guys should be dead."

"Well apparently not," Chandler said. "We kicked those Zaragost asses."

Arch turned to Damich. "How's you survive?"

Damich had his hands in his pockets, and looked all chill.
"Luck."

"Right." Emmer teased.

Damich gave him a sharp look.
"Don't push it Twinkletoes."

"Who's this kid?" Ellie asked.

The three of them jumped when they heard Ellie's voice.

"Ellie!" Emmer cried. In relief, to be precise. "You're alive,"

"Of course she's alive, she's right there." Arch said.

Chandler held his hand out to Ellie. Or at least the one that wasn't wounded.
"I'm Chandler."

"I'm Ellie. But people call me Elle."

"No one calls you that," Emmer denied.

Arch laughed. It felt good to know his friends were back.
"Let's go home."

The five of them ran out of the dark alleyway and made a quick turn. But just as they were about to make a refreshing exit, Ellie yipped,
"I'm liking those wings Arch."