Two

Mabel, led by the eccentric Lizzie, walked blindly through the house.

"What are you doing Lizzie? I can't see a thing,"

Mabel and Lizzie halted at the living room, where the only sounds that could be heard were the hollow movements of the unseen balloons.

"Wait here mom," Lizzie said excitedly.
When she went to flicker on the lights, Arch, Autumn, and Annie jumped from behind the ridged couches like a jack in the box and shouted "Surprise!"

Mabel jumped back in shock, nearly knocking the table over. She cupped her hands in her mouth and then said "You guys scared me there for a second."

"Well, duh, it's a surprise." Lizzie said as she went to hug her mother.

"Happy Birthday Mom," Autumn and Annie said in unison as they joined the hug. Arch tried to join in too, but he couldn't seem to find a single inch of space.

"Happy B-day Mom," Arch said. "How was work?"

Mabel Littleton worked as a part time nurse at Aurastas L. Mason Hospital that was near Martha's Daycare. But that was only in the day. For the night shift, she worked as a store clerk at the Pain n Pill pharmacy. It wasn't good work, but it earned her some money.

"Don't worry about that," Mabel said. "I'm just glad I have wonderful kids like you guys. I was even expecting this!"

"Well come on then, let's partaay!" Cheered Lizzie.

There had been a nearby speaker by the   tv. And resting on top of the speaker was Lizzie's iPod, whose cord was connected to the black speaker. Lizzie had turned on her iPod and allowed the music to burst into cadence.
As Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Macklemore rhythmed on, the four of them enjoyed the birthday cake, some candy, the several board games they had on the table, and the Just Dance 2015 game that they had to play on their Wii console.

After the Just Dance, they moved back to board games where they had tackled on Sorry Sliders.
Annie had been complaining about how she didn't like her pawn color when they heard a faint knock knock knock.

"I'll get this one," Mabel said as she laid down her Sorry pawn.

The door continued its repetitive knock knock knocking. And this time, unlike last time, the banging sounded urgent.