Sixteen

Jacob and Aaron happily ran about in the corpse filled street. But they didn't even notice that, all they noticed was their freedom.

"No adults, no adults, no adults!" They sang as they ushered out in cheap corny dances. They continued dancing and dancing around until they bumped into something metallic.

"Whoa dude, what was that?" Aaron asked.

"Look!" Pointed an awestruck Jacob.

It turned out that the thing they had bumped into was an automobile. A blue glimmering Mustang. And its condition seemed untouched, unlike the other cars.

The door of the Mustang was open and the car keys was on the ground, laying motionless and abandoned.

"Got a license bro?" Jacob asked.

Aaron surprisingly looked at Jacob with wide eyes.
"I'm only twelve Jacob!"

"Same here," He said. "But I'm still taking the wheels,"

Jacob grabbed for the keys but Aaron stopped him.
"Come on dude, seriously. We can get in so much trouble for this."

Jacob snapped his hand back.
"And you care? Come on Aaron, no adults remember?"

Jacob swung himself into the Mustang and put the seatbelt on.
"Are you coming?"

Aaron stood there hesitantly. His mind swayed back and forth between going and not going.

Pressure gave in.

Aaron followed and sat on the passenger seat.
"Do you even know how to drive?"

Jacob laughed hysterically.
"No."

And suddenly the vehicle roared to life and whirred away into the curvy street.