The Daughter of Lightning

Chapter Fifteen - The Daughter of Lightning

On my way back to the camp, it suddenly began to downpour. Buckets of rain flooded out from the clouds. Thunder rumbled shaking the heavens, a sweet memory from my childhood surfaced in my mind.

~~~
Lacey, Toby and I were six. We were in my house because a thunder storm rolled in while we were playing at my place. Lacey was crying in my arms, every time thunder would boom or  lightning flashed across the sky she could jump and hug me tighter. Leucothia was on a trip and Scarlet was watching us. As I was comforting Lacey, patting her back and stroking her hair, the electricity went out, leaving us in pitch black, with the occasional flash of light from lightning striking the earth. Scarlet came into the room with a bunch of
candles, she set them down all around the living room lighting them. The room lit up with the soft flickering yellow glow from the flames. Scarlet came over to Lacey and I.

"Lacey do you know what I would do when I was younger and the power went out?" Scarlet asked the sobbing Lacey. Lacey looked up from my tear soaked shoulder, with bloodshot eyes and red sniffling nose she shook her head no. Scarlet wiped Lacey tears from Lacey's cheeks with her thumbs, "I would build a pillow fort and play games. Do you want to do that with Toby, Narissa and I?" Scarlet smiled, her smile could always make you feel safe. Lacey nodded her head yes. "Perfect. Toby go grab as many blankets as you," Toby nodded his head and raced off. "Lacey, you and Narissa go gather as many pillows as you can. I'll build the base of the fort," We both did as we were told. I helped Lacey up and we ran off to the bedrooms grabbing all of the pillows our tiny arms could carry. After several trips we brought all of the pillows, Scarlet was finished with the base of the fort. And Toby was helping Scarlet putting the blankets and sheets over the base to build a canopy. After they were finished Lacey and I stuffed the pillows around the sides of the fort and crawled inside along with Toby and Scarlet. I snuggled up to Scarlet, Lacey snuggled up to me and Toby snuggled up to Scarlet as well. With a flashlight that Scarlet brought we play shadow puppets.

"Can you guess this one?" Her fingers formed a small pointed oval with two fingers sticking up.

"A bunny!" Lacey squealed in delight, her fears of thunder slowly turning into a faded memory.

"Correct!" Scarlet said. We played for an hour,  and when our eyelids felt heavy Scarlet sang us to sleep.
~~~
Stupid Toby, throwing all of our years together in the trash. I wiped the tears from my eyes, I wasn't sad that he cheated on me. I was sad because he threw our memories down the drain. A crack of white hot electricity lit up the sky, the rumble of thunder not long after. The road was intense, the rain was pouring heavily and the lightning was getting more intense. As I was going around a curve, I had to use some of my ability to make the rain repel from my car so I could see clearly. I wasn't a big fan of doing this, but the weather is getting bad and I don't want to crash my car. As I was driving past a field a flash of lightning strikes the field scorching the earth. A huge black mark was left behind as the lightning disappeared as quickly as it came. As I got closer to the Camp, another bolt of lightning hit the earth but this time it was different. I felt something pulse through me, a wave of electricity shocked my body. Like a connection is starting to form.
~~~
Meanwhile, in the home of the Moirai, the goddesses of fate.

The three sisters Clotho, the spinner, Lachesis, the apportioner, and Atropos, the unturnable, sitting at the weaver discussing about something important.

"Clotho, Atropos, I believe it's time to link the two daughters of the sea and lightning. Wouldn't you agree?" Lachesis stated. Lachesis traced two threads that were beginning to move close to one another, one a rich deep sea blue with a few streaks of emerald, the serpent's thread who bonded the with daughter, and the other a bright electrifying gold. Lachesis looked at Clotho who was sitting in front of the weaver.