Snake Eyes & True Love's Kiss

Chapter Eleven - Snake Eyes & True Love's Kiss

I snapped my eyes open looking straight into her stony eyes. I felt a surge of energy crackle between us. At first there was nothing, then her stony eyes began to fade from stone gray to her steel colored eyes, the gray color of her stone skin began to show the rosy flush of her cheeks and skin, her stone locks of hair fade from full gray to gold. I heard her heart starting to beat again. Ba dum. Ba dum. Ba dum. A sharp inhale of oxygen and her lungs started working again trying to take as much oxygen to replenish the lack of oxygen in her system. With the blood pumping in her system everything began to restore back to life. She closed her eyes and her head was slightly swaying, taking in quick sharp breaths. She was probably disoriented from the lack of oxygen to her brain.

"Annabeth? Are you okay?" I rested my hand on her arm, rubbing it up and down to create some heat on her cold skin. She opened her eyes looking at me, at first she looked confused, as if she didn't recognize me then realization hit her. Her eyes widened, looking around, she put her hand on her forehead.

"What-what happened? I remember Percy was trying to defend me because one of the sisters took my blindfold when I heard footsteps, it sounded like Medusa's. How is she even alive? Anyways, I heard Percy cry out in agony, then he fell to the ground. I had him in my arms... There was this puncture wound on his chest. Like from a snake. He was wheezing, I looked up for a second, and the last thing I remember is Medusa with a snake head in her hand and blood dripping from its fangs, then everything went dark." She looked at her lap, noticing Percy wasn't there, "Where is Percy? Did they take him?" she asked frantically.

"Percy is right here," I pointed to my lap, she let out a sigh of relief, "And to answer your other questions, I believe Stheno and Euryale found a way to bring Medusa back, so they stole their head, and you were petrified." I explained.

"Then why I am not a stone statue anymore?" Guessing she noticed my eyes, she pointed at them, "What is up with your eyes? They're the color of emeralds with the two black slits in them, just like snake eyes." I could tell she was still not very fond of snakes.

"Those eyes, are not snake eyes. They are serpent eyes.  My big brother's to be exact, he was the first creature to have the ability to petrify someone or thing." Celine interjected.

"But how did you gain those eyes? And turn me back?"

"I turned you back with this..." I lifted my left hand showing her the ring that was on my finger. It was certainly a beauty, a single emerald with a black silt in the middle, which was actually Celine's brother's eye that crystallized into stone, and the band of the ring was a silver serpent wrapped around it. "This ring gives me the same abilities of Celine's brother. The ability to petrify someone, but also the ability to turn them back. Unlike the sisters who can only turn people to stone."

"Where did you find it and what happened to you?" she asked. I looked away remembering the things I did to the sisters. I shook my head, pushing the events to the back of the mind. I'll discuss it later with them. My first priority is waking up Percy.

"Never mind right now. That Percy is under the influence of sleeping venom and you'll need to kiss him." I said, her cheeks flushed. "No need to get embarrassed, but I have this nagging feeling that we are overstaying our welcome."

The sound of hissing echoed, they were close. You got to be kidding me, just my luck. I gritted my teeth, I ripped a piece of my shirt and tied it around Anna's head, placing Percy in her lap. "I know you can fight but I need you to keep Percy safe I'll handle the sisters. But you need to get out of here, and don't come back for me no matter what. Can you promise me that?"