S I X T E E N

[ Eun Mi ]

I groaned, "please someone tell me he's lying."

"I don't really think he knows how to lie," Nate says draping his arm over me.

"More works for us then?" I look up to him just in time to see his almost sad expression. Almost. Nate is like my personal cloud of happiness, he can never be gloomy.

"This isn't entirely a bad idea," principal Rue suggest trying to cheer us up.

Apparently, he decided to have their yearly Rockfield festival in a week. Thus, extending our stay with a few more days.

"Come on, Empire kids I know you love festivals and celebrations," he adds.

"Yes we do, but not when we're going to be the ones who'll prepare it" Nate mutters "not to add that we'll be preparing it manually."

I laugh in his disgusted expression, "how dare you laugh at me?"

"What?" I ask, "it's funny" I giggle again.

"And now for the pairings..." ugh the dreadful pairings

"oh, so we'll use the current pairings then." I frown and groaned audibly.

"Why would they torture me Nate? Why Jin of all people," I surrendered.

"At least you're paired with someone decent, I'm paired up with Jiyoon... again," he sighed accepting a hard truth.

He rested his cheek on my head, and I hear some gasps and murmuring. "Nate, were acquiring attentions," I whisper "a lot of attentions actually."

"Just a minute, I find this so comfortable that I might sleep," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

I kept my stare locked in the nape of the person in front of me. Oddly, I think I am frozen in disbelief.

"Nathan, you have to save the public flirting later," I blush, does it really look that way in their perspective? "Were suppose to cook," she continuously tugs on Nate's sweater.

"Go away Jiyeon," he dismiss her warily tightening his hold on me.

She rolls her eyes, "mind if I take him away?"

"Please do," I whispered back.

"No! Eun Mi how can you give me away? Traitor," he dramatically folded his crossed arms in his chest.

I laughed, "I'll treat you at lunch" trying to make amends in my betrayal. "Pasta and a muffin" he mutters, his face still serious.

"Of course," I answered his bubbly persona coming back.

"Okay, see you later Eun Mi" he waves and winks at me. I wave back still flushing in embarrassment.

I turned around; it's not a secret that half of the student body heard our conversation.

"Well that was interesting," Jin says appearing out of nowhere, "I wasn't aware that you're capable of initiating such kind of relationship."

I fume inwardly, "there's no relationship Jin." I walk away, and I'm sure he followed. "Where are we assigned anyway?"

"Decorations," he simply informs me, "no really, don't you have that kind of relationship?" he brings back.

I groaned, "no, there's no such thing as that kind of relationship that you're thinking" I almost growled my words, annoyed.

"Where are we decorating?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"The entrance booth," he answered smirking, I guess he did notice my futile attempts to change the subject.